The Women's Islamic Initiative in Spirituality and Equity "aims to address the current lack of women's participation in contemporary debates about the political, social, and religious concerns of Muslim women in the global community.
"ASMA Society, a not-for-profit 501(c) 3 founded in 1997 in New York City, is an Islamic cultural and educational organization dedicated to fostering an American-Muslim identity and building bridges between American Muslims and the American public.
"ASMA's philosophical objective is to strengthen a culturally American expression of Islam based on tolerance and on cultural and religious harmony and to foster an environment in which Muslims can thrive within a pluralistic society without compromising their essential values and beliefs.
"Cordoba Initiative , founded in 2002, is a multi-faith organization whose objective is to heal the relationship between the Islamic World and America. Working through civil dialogue, policy initiatives, education, and cultural programs, the Initiative focuses on thought, action and outcomes.
- Increasing intercultural understanding, tolerance and respect, both in Muslim societies and in the West
- Improving the nature of the discourse about Islam in America and about America in the Muslim world
- Stimulating fresh thinking about peace in the Middle East
- Addressing the root causes of international terrorism and helping to prevent the horrors of another September 11
- William & Mary Greve Foundation
- Rockefeller Brothers Fund
- The Sister Fund
- Ford Foundation
- Global Fund for Women
- Danny Kaye and Sylvia Fine Kaye Foundation
- Graham Charitable Foundation
- Deak Family Foundation
- Henry Luce Foundation
- Elizabeth Foundation
- Ms. Foundation 
- This article uses content from Women's Islamic Initiative in Spirituality and Equity on SourceWatch.