Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Walther Eichrodt (1890 - 1978) was an eminent German Old Testament scholar and Protestant theologian. He received his doctorate from the University of Heidelberg in 1915 and taught as a professor of Old Testament and History of Religion at the Basel University from 1922 to 1960. His masterwork, the three volume Theologie des Alten Testaments (Theology of the Old Testament) appeared in 1933-1939. In retirement he continued writing academic works until shortly before his death in 1978 in Basel.
|This article is a stub. You can help Religion Wiki by.|
- Ezekiel: A Commentary, trans. Cosslett Quinn, Old Testament Library (Philadelphia: Westminster Press, 1970).
- Man in the Old Testament, Studies in Biblical Theology 4, trans. K. and R. Gregor Smith (Chicago: Henry Regnery, 1951).
- Theology of the Old Testament, 5th rev. ed., 2 vols., trans. J. A. Baker (Philadelphia: Westminster Press, 1961-7); trans. of Theologie des Alten Testaments, 3 vols. (Leipzig: Hinrichs, 1933-1939).
- D. G. Spriggs, Two Old Testament Theologies: A Comparative Evaluation of the Contributions of Eichrodt and von Rad to our Understanding of the Nature of Old Testament Theology (Naperville, IL: Alec R. Allenson, 1974)
- Walther Eichrodt (Blue Cord Bible Dictionary)