Urban of Macedonia is numbered among the Seventy Apostles. Along with the Apostles Ampliatus, Stachys, Narcissus of Athens, Apelles of Heraklion and Aristobulus of Britannia he assisted Saint Andrew. St. Andrew ordained Urban bishop in Macedonia. He died a martyr, and his feast day is October 31.
Troparion (Tone 3)
- Holy Apostles of the Seventy: Stáchys, Amplías, Úrban, Narcíssus, Apélles, and Aristobúlus,
- Eentreat the merciful God
- To grant our souls forgiveness of transgressions.
Kontakion (Tone 8)
- Let us thankfully praise the wise Apostles
- Stáchys, Amplías, Úrban, Narcíssus, Apélles, and Aristobúlus,
- Those treasures of the Holy Spirit and rays of the Sun of glory,
- Who were gathered together by the grace of our God.
- Apostle Urban of the Seventy (OCA)
- Apostles Stachys, Amplias, Urban, Narcissus, Apelles of the Seventy (GOAA)
- Amplias, Apellos, Stachyos, Urbanos, Aristovoulos & Narcissos of the 70 (GOARCH)
- The Holy Apostles Stachys, Amplias, Urban, Narcissus, Apelles and Aristobulus (Prologue from Ohrid)
|This page uses content from the English OrthodoxWiki. The original article was at Urban of Macedonia. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.The text of OrthodoxWiki is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|
|30px||This article about a saint is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|