Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. Please help improve this article by introducing appropriate citations of additional sources. (February 2009)|
"Unreached People Group" is a term used most frequently among Evangelical Christians to refer to any ethnic or linguistically distinct culture that does not have a history of Christianity. Missionaries and the organizations that support evangelism also use the term "the unreached" to refer to those who have not yet heard of any Christian teachings.The Joshua Project web site defines the term this way:
A people group among which there is no indigenous community of believing Christians with adequate numbers and resources to evangelize this people group.
An alternative definition is:
There are several facets to the way people groups are identified: Linguistic, cultural, social, economic, geographic, religious, and political factors can each be part of what gives formation to the peoples of the earth. From the viewpoint of evangelism, a "people group" is the largest possible group within which the gospel can spread as a discipling, or church planting movement without encountering barriers of understanding or acceptance.
- "Joshua Project". Joshua Project - Definitions (unreached people group). http://www.joshuaproject.net/definitions.php#unreached. Retrieved 2007-04-26.
- Johnstone, Patrick (2001). Operation World. London: Paternoster.
- "Joshua Project". Joshua Project - Percentages (unreached people group). http://www.joshuaproject.net/index.php/. Retrieved 2009-02-15.
- "Joshua Project". Joshua Project - 10/40 Window (unreached people group). http://www.joshuaproject.net/10-40-window.php. Retrieved 2009-02-15.
- People Groups
- Joshua Project - database of people groups worldwide
- Operation World - daily prayer guide for the world
- World Christian Database - database of statistics about Christianity, subscription only
-  - regular review of trends and opportunities, focused on reaching the unreached
- Global Prayer Digest - Another daily prayer guide for the world
- Create International - Hundreds of videos and podcasts to mobilize churches for the unreached peoples. Create International is an international ministry of Youth With A Mission that specializes in the production of media tools to communicate the gospel of Jesus Christ to unreached people groups. Create International was formed in 1987 and now has centers in Australia, India, and Thailand.
- Bibleless Peoples Prayer Project - A Wycliffe prayer project dedicated to connecting people to pray for Bibleless language groups. Many Bibleless languages are also unreached people groups.