Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This article is a collection of advice given for travelling to Hazoor Sahib. Please note that some of the schedules of time and days may have changed. Kindly check with the air and train operators before travelling.
- Contact: International Tourist Bureau, New Delhi Railway Station, New Delhi- 110 001
- Phone: +91-11-23405156 and +91 11-23346804 Fax: +91-11-23343050 * website:Indian Rail - International Tourist Bureau
Airlines in India
Takhat Sri Hazoor Sahib
- For more information about Takhat Sri Hazur Sahib see: Official Site of Takhat Sri Hazoor Sahib
- Contact: Main Office: Nanded - 431601 Maharashtra India.
- Phone No:+91 2462-243559 / 234813 / 241266 Fax: +91 2462 234812
- Helpdesk: Contact Person: Mr. Than Singh Phone No: +91 2462-244166 / 234813 / 243559 Email: email@example.com
- Booking a Room: Room Booking
- Posted by Prabjyot Kaur - 15.Mar.04 on sikhnet.com
Travelling from Delhi there is only one train going towards Nanded, viz. Sachkhand Express. Details can be found out through
|Train No||Departure Time||Arrival Time||Journey Time||Days|
|2716||Delhi 13:20||Nanded 16:00||(27 Hrs)||Mon, Wed, Thu, Sat, Sun|
|2715||Nanded 09:30||Delhi 12:15||(27 Hrs)||Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat|
Fare for Adult ticket 2 tier AC – Rs. 1918.00
Note: Both trains 2716 & 2715 meet at New Delhi Railway station on the same time on the adjoining platforms. Before boarding the train please check your name along with train number printed on the reservation sheet pasted outside the coach. This is important since by mistake one can board the Sachkand Express going towards Amritsar.
During summer getting reservation in this train is just impossible, since there is only one train on this route. Reservation has to be done at least one month in advance.
If seats are not available in Sachkhand Express you can travel to Hyderabad by AP (Andhra Pradesh) Express. Nanded is 227 Kms from Hyderabad by road. By road it is a 5 to 6 hour journey by road. There is no rail link between Nanded and Hyderabad.
|Train No||Departure Time||Arrival Time||Journey Time||Days|
|2724||Delhi 17:45||Hyderabad 19:40||(26 Hrs)||All days|
|2723||Hyderabad 06:40||Delhi 08:30||(26 Hrs)||All days|
Fare for Adult ticket 2 tier AC – Rs. 1991.00
Alternately if tickets are not available in any of the trains then travel to Hyderabad by Air.
|Flight||Departure Time||Arrival Time||Days|
|IC940||Delhi 06:50||Hyderabad 08:50||All days|
|IC839||Delhi 17:45||Hyderabad 19:45||All days|
|IC941||Hyderabad 07:45||Delhi 09:45||All days|
|IC840||Hyderabad 19:00||Delhi 21:00||All days|
Fare for adult – 215 USD Economy & 315 USD Executive. Return fare – 405 USD (Only Economy class)
Fare for adult – 193 USD Economy & 294 USD Executive.
If booked in advance it is 50% of the above fare.
From Hyderabad again you will have to hire a private Taxi from 4 days for travel to Nanded and visit of all historical Gurudwaras. In case if you have to stay in Hyderabad then there are Hotels in Secunderabad. Hyderabad and Secunderabad are twin cities separated by Hussain Sagar lake.
Staying and Food is not a problem here. Most Hotels in South India provide a good service to the customer. Have mostly South Indian food viz. Dosa, Idli, Curd Rice, etc. to be on the safer side. People in Hyderabad at an average are honest and helpful.
Hotel in Hyderabad
Hotel Karan, S.D.Road, Secunderabad – 600003 Tel – 91-040-27840191 / 27849029. e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Room Tariff – Rs. 900.00.
3 Kms from Hyderabad Airport and 2 Kms from Secunderabad Railway station.
Travel Agents in Hyderabad
The above link refers to travel agents in same area where Hotel Karan is located i.e. S D Road.
On reaching Nanded staying arrangement is at Gurudwara Takht Sri Hazoor Sahib. A separate staying arrangement for NRI is under construction, which may not be completed till summer 2004. Some special VIP rooms are being made as an alternative. No charge is taken from the Sangat for staying except for Rs. 50.00 refundable deposit.
In case if place is not available at Hazoor Sahib you can proceed to Gurudwara Langar Sahib less then a Km away. Staying arrangement is available there also.
Since you will be visiting Nanded in the summer, it is terribly hot 42 degrees Celcuis approx. No AC is provided by any of the Gurudwaras presently during stay. Alternately to can go to Hotel Anuradha Palace which is located round about 2 Kms from Gurdwara Sri Hazoor Sahib.
For breakfast you can have Parathas in the morning from one of the Daabhas outside the Gurdwara entrance. Tea is also served in the Gurdwara near the main entrance. Nanded being a small town doesn’t have any big restaurants, but there are many fruit juice shops.
Now for visit to local historical Gurdwaras Takhat Sri Hazoor Sahib has it own bus service on chargeable basis. Rs. 50.00 is charged per person and booking of seats is done in the Gurdwara premises between 7:30 to 8:00 AM in the morning at the Bhai Joga Singh Saraya. One full day is needed. Do not use your private vehicle for visit of local historical Gurdwaras.
You can visit Gurdwara Nanak Jeera at Bidar, Karnataka approx. 100 Kms from Nanded. You can use your private vehicle for this purpose. Again one full day is needed.
If you are traveling by road from Indore to Nanded then the best route is as follows:
Indore to Khandwa (130Kms) - You wouldn't enter the Khandwa city but go via bypass to next city
Khandwa to Burhanpur (50Kms)
Burhanpur to National Highway 6 (NH6) (50Kms)
NH6 to Malkapur (20Kms) - Once on NH6 you would move towards Malkapur
Malkapur to Nandura (18Kms)
Nandura to Khamgaon (30Kms)
Khamgaon to Balapur (30Kms) (You would leave NH6 once you cross Balapur. You would turn right once Balapur bypass road is over)
Balapur to Patur (30Kms)
Patur to Washim (50Kms)
Washim to Hingoli (48Kms)
Hingoli to Nanded (85Kms)
Total distance from Indore to Nanded is around 562 Kms. It takes around 12Hrs to cover this distance. The map is also shown above:
Hyderabad to Nanded
- Posted by Cdsimmi on 6.Feb.07 on sikhnet.com
Last Sunday I visited Hazoor Sahib and Gurudwara Nanak Chira by Car from Hyderabad. route is given below:
Delhi to Hyderabad departure saturday morning flight, arrived in Hyderabad 0815 a.m. Hired taxi to Hazoor Sahib @ 6 Rs per K.M.(NON AC) Total K.M. Hyderabad to Nanded 290 covered in exact 5hrs,(Highway road is very good) taxes paid enroute 600/- reached in Nanded at 2.p.m stayed over night and next day went to Bidar by Taxi Total k.m 170 covered in 4 Hrs as road is very bad Nanded to Bidar. Bidar to Hyderabad 130 K.M covered in 3 Hrs again highway is very good...total journey by road is 600 K.M..took Sunday evening flight and came back to Delhi.
This information for all the members who would like to travel by air and would like to come back with in 2 days....
For any further information please do call me on 09899263513 (Delhi)
- Posted by Gulshan65 - 29.Jan.07 on sikhnet.com
From Hyderabad go to the main bus station and you can catch the bus to Bidar (Nanak Jhira Sahib) or you can get a cab to ride you there. At Bidar, rickshaws take you to the Gurudwara Sahib. Regular buses going from Bidar to Nanded (Hazoor Sahib) run through the Nanak Jhira Sahib Gurudwara Sahib campus. You should not have any trouble at all. Best wishes.
There are 3 direct trains that run between Hyderabad and Nanded. The following are the details
Train No. - 563 (Hyderabad - Parbhani Passenger) Departure - 22:30 (From Hyderabad Deccan) Arrival - 7:00 (Nanded) Class - NON AC First Class Sleeper
Train No. - 7039 (Secunderabad - Nanded Express) Departure - 7:20 (From Secunderabad) Arrival - 13:35 (Nanded) Class - AC Chair Car
Train No. - 7058 (Devagiri Express) Departure - 13:45 (From Secunderabad) Arrival - 19:15 (Nanded) Class - AC First, AC Second, AC Third
From Mumbai to Nanded
There is another way to reach Nanded, if you are travelling from Mumbai. You have two trains which have air conditioned accommodation. The day train have chair car and the night train have air conditioned sleepers. Both of them leave from Chattarpati Shivajee Terminus (old VT Terminus)and they can be booked on internet. We have driven from Mumbai on two occasions and it takes about 1o to 11 hours. One takes road to Pune, then to Secunderabad(take off some 150 km before) and then to Nanded via Latur. It is a good drive.
In case one does not like to stay in the Gurdudwara accommodation (there is a lot of it but may not always suit, if you are not used to staying in such accommodation), there are a couple of hotels on the railway road and they meet minimum tourist standard and conmfort level and one can walk from one of them to Takht Hazur sahib or take auto-rickshaws, which are available in plenty. There is paid Gurudwara Bus available to take you around to various Gurudwaras in the vicnity including Nanak Jheera.
Nanded itself has various Gurudwara in walking distance from the Takht including Hira Ghat and the place where Tenth Guru met Baba Banda Singh Bahadur on the bank of Godavari. The river is rather disappointing as it is very small stream over the rocky terrain and has been dammed some distance upstream of Nanded town.
Weather is always hot(except in December/ January) with temperature shooting up as the day rises and one does feel the heat under the sole of the feet as one goes around on the marble floor of the Takht.
It is sure a great Sikhi experience to spend some time at the Takhat but do not be taken back by some practices which are not followed in most of other major gurudwaras in India such as a large potrait of the Tenth Guru , presence of Dasam Granth opposite to the SGGS in parkash, use of bells, chandan lep, presence of the musicians near the steps of the guridwara in the evening, distributionof 'sukha' as parasad near the shrines dedicated to some of the panj piaras ans Mai Bhago just close to the Takhat but at a level lower.
Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa Wahe Guru Jee Ki Fateh, Kuldip Singh, Mumbai, India
From Delhi to Aurangbad to Nanded
- Posted by Anmol M Singh - 18.Mar.04 on sikhnet.com
Your point of going to Hazoor Sahib via Aurangabad is quiet valid. As compared to Hyderabad I believe going to Aurangabad from Delhi by Air would be a better option. Fortunately there is a flight operating daily by Indian Airlines with a single stoppage in between. No private Airlines have a direct flight between Delhi and Aurangabad.
- [ http://indian-airlines.nic.in/schedule/default.htm Indian Airlines]
|IC887||Delhi||13:00 Hrs||Aurangabad||16:25||All Days|
|IC888||Aurangabad||17:30 Hrs||Delhi||20:55||All Days|
Fare - 185 USD.
From Aurangabad to Nanded there is a connecting train.
Alternately a Cab can be hired from Aurangabad Airport directly.
There is one train to Nanded but coming back from Nanded there are 2 trains which co-ordinate with the flight timings from Aurangabad to Delhi.
If you are travelling from Bombay then there are 2 trains operating quiet comfortable.
- 1. I have taken the Sachkhand Express from Amritsar to Nanded. It was an almost 36 hour trip but a very pleasant one. I was able to finish reading some books that I never had the time to finish before and also met some interesting people who were also going for the full journey. On the 2nd day morning, we had breakfast langar that some devotee had brought for all the passengers in the Nanded bound compartments. And at midday, the Gurdwara in Manmad sent in the Lunch Langar for all the passengers.
- 2. I also took the night train from Nanded to Bombay. And I went sleeping all night.
- 3. Regarding the trains, the highest sleeper class in both these trains is Second Class A/C Sleeper. It was quite comfortable. Sheets and a blanket are provided without any extra charge. But you may want to tip the attendant to get freshly laundered material which is still in the plastic bags from the laundry.
- 4. During one of my trips, the rail link between Manmad and Nanded had been stopped to convert the previous narrow gauge into a broad (standard) gauge tracks. On that occasion, I took a flight from Bombay to Aurangabad and rented a car (with the driver) for the trip to Nanded. It took us about 6 hours to drive. There were no rest areas along the way. We just walked our way into one Government Guest House to freshen up. A tip to the attendant got us full attention, including the offer of some tea etc, which we declined. On the return trip from Nanded to Aurangabad on that occasion, I took a night bus. The bus stopped every so often to allow passengers to go for 'jungle pani' along the highway !! Given that now there is a standard gauge train to/from Nanded, this experience is probably a thing of the past.
- 5. In Nanded, the most recently built Sarai I believe is the Guru Angad Sarai. It is the lastest and most modern Gurdwara accomodation in Nanded with western style amenities and bigger and brighter rooms etc.
- 6. Wherever you stay, just ensure that you have an attached bath and toilet that you are comfortable with. Some people have difficulty in the old Indian style toilets. Just be careful if you have knee or other kind of bending restrictions for such arrangements.
- 7. I have taken the Gurdwara bus day trip and found that the last site that the bus visits (a small Gurdwara relating to Maharaja Ranjit Singh's visit) is too far to go for the traveller who has a limited time to spend in Nanded. A walking and/or private taxi tour may not be a bad idea. Of course, if you have the full day to spare then by all means take the bus. At each stop, the bus gives you plenty of time to take langar and refresh yourself etc. But not any additional time if you feel you want to sit and meditate in some place or things like that. But that is a limitation of all bus trips, anywhere.
- 8. By Waheguru Ji's Grace, my last 2 trips happened to be on Gurpurab days. Once it was on a Baisakhi day and the other time on the Birthday Gurpurab of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. On both these days, there were all day Diwans and related activities like Nagar Kirtan etc. and also rayain sabai keertan. The mood was very festive. On a normal week day there is not much going on during the day if you miss the early morning Diwan. It is not like Darbar Sahib where all day and most of the night is devoted to Gur Shabd.
- 9. A general comment about drinking water. Most people on the move in India seem to drink from bottled water. But please CHECK the bottle cap EACH TIME you purchase a water bottle to ensure that the cap is in-tact. I was too trusting in one of the holy cities and I was given a broken cap bottle - TWICE by the same shop. If the cap is not sealed when you buy the bottle, you might as well drink from the nearest well !!
All the best, and hope you have a pleasant trip and a devotional visit. Jasjit
- Nanded district site
- Nanded city site
- Sri Sri Ravishankar Vidya Mandir
- Nanded district Gazeteer
- A Private informational Website
- SGGS College of Engineering Website
- MGM College of Engineering Website Principal Dr.Mrs.Geeta Lathkar
- SRTM University Website
- Information on Nanded Gurudwara and upcoming celebrations
- Nanded Information Portal
- Information on Nanded City Business and shop in city