Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Trial of Joan of Arc (French: Procès de Jeanne d'Arc) is a 1962 historical film by the French director Robert Bresson. Joan of Arc is played by Florence Delay.
As usual in Bresson's mature films, The Trial of Joan of Arc stars non-professional performers and is filmed in an extremely spare, restrained style. Bresson's screenplay is drawn from the transcriptions of Joan's trial and rehabilitation.
Bresson's Joan of Arc is often compared with The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928) by Carl Theodor Dreyer. Bresson compared that film unfavorably with his own, expressing his dislike of the actors' "grotesque buffooneries" in Dreyer's film.
- Florence Delay ... Joan of Arc
- Jean-Claude Fourneau ... Bishop Pierre Cauchon
- Roger Honorat ... Jean Beaupere
- Marc Jacquier ... Jean Lemaitre
- Jean Gillibert ... Jean de Chatillon
- Michel Herubel ... Frère Isambert de la Pierre
- André Régnier... D'Estivet
- Arthur Le Bau ... Jean Massieu
- Marcel Darbaud ... Nicolas de Houppeville
- Philippe Dreux ... Frère Martin Ladvenu
- Paul-Robert Mimet ... Guillaume Erard
- Gérard Zingg ... Jean-Lohier
The film won the Special Jury Prize at the 1962 Cannes Film Festival. 
- ↑ "Festival de Cannes: The Trial of Joan of Arc". festival-cannes.com. http://www.festival-cannes.com/en/archives/ficheFilm/id/3173/year/1962.html. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- The Trial of Joan of Arc at the Internet Movie Database
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article was at The Trial of Joan of Arc. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.|