Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In 2005 the synagogue installed a stained glass window that once belonged to Orthodox synagogue, Congregation Agudas Achim, founded in 1899 when Brockton had a large community of Jewish immigrants. The window was made for Agudas Achim's 1927 building. That building was torn down in the 1960s and the orthodox congregation continued in rented space until 2005.
In 1994 the Temple was vandalized with "Kill all Jews" written on the walls. In the Brockton murders, of January 21, 2009 White supremacist Keith Luke, 22, planned to drive to Temple Beth Emunah in order to "kill as many Jews as possible during bingo night."  Luke, who was arrested before reaching the synagogue, told police that he opposed the "Zionist occupation" of Palestine.  Luke appeared for his arraignment with a Swastika carved onto his forehead. He had cut the swastika into himself while in jail.
- ↑ Window reflects a city's heritage Artifact finds a new home in Temple Beth Emunah, Emily Sweeney, Boston Globe Staff, October 9, 2005 
- ↑ Preservation project to save city’s Jewish history Temple Beth Emunah engages community for year-long project to save Jewish history, Jewish Advocate, July 15, 2005 
- ↑ Vandals desecrate temple in Brockton, swastikas, 'Kill all Jews' scrawled on walls. May 1, 1994, Brenda J. Buote, Boston Globe
- ↑ White Supremacist Shooting Spree Leaves Bloody Trail in Massachusetts, January 22, 2009 
- ↑ DA says racism drove Brockton killings, rape Suspect once lived where attacks began, Boston Globe, Jan 23, 2009, John Ellement, Brian Ballou, Jonathan Saltzman, and Andrew Ryan 
- ↑ Brockton speaks out against racism in wake of shooting rampage, Maria Papadopoulos, Patriot Ledger, Jan 26, 2009 
- ↑ Was Alleged Massachusetts Spree Killer a Neo-Nazi? Keith Luke Makes it Official, David Holthouse, May 11, 2009, Southern Poverty Law Center [www.splcenter.org/blog/2009/05/11/was-alleged-massachusetts-spree-killer-a -neo-nazi-keith-luke-makes-it-official/ blog]