Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Holy Monastery of Saint Anna|
|Superior||Sister Virginia (Hutchinson)|
|Approx. size||1 nun|
|Location||Preston, Victoria, Australia|
|Music used||Byzantine Chant|
|Feastdays celebrated||25 July|
|Official website||none advertised|
The Holy Monastery of Saint Anna is a monastic community for women under the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia and New Zealand. The monastery is located in Preston, Melbourne, Victoria, and was established in 1995 under the omophorion of His Eminence Metropolitan Archbishop Paul of Australia and New Zealand. The current superior is Riasaphora Virginia; there is currently one nun in residence.
- 2002 Feb - the superior is editor of Orthodox Contact, a publication of the Antiochian Orthodox Church of Saint Nicholas East Melbourne.
- 2002 May 16 - first Liturgy, celebrated by Archimandrite Nabil (Kachab).
- 2003 MIOCS established. Riasophora Virginia is the registrar.
- 2004 MIOCS has first lectures; Riasophora Virginia lectures along with some Melbourne clergy.
- 2005 Riasophora Virginia is assisted in her editing of Orthodox Contact by Shamassy Clare.
Daily cycle of services
- Library and reading room
|This article forms part of the series|
Orthodoxy in Australia
|Orthodoxy in Australia Timeline |
Statistics of Orthodoxy in Australia
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|Antiochian - Met Abp Paul|
GOA Aus - Abp Stylianos
ROCOR - Met Hilarion
Romanian - Bp Mihail
Serbian - Bp Irinej
Without local bishop
| Antiochian Orthodox |
Greek Orthodox (Aus)
|Saint Anna |
O.L. of Kazan
|New Kalenic |
|Edit this box|
- The Word, p12
- MIOCS Articles about MIOCS in the University of Melbourne's United Faculty of Theology News:
- Orthodox Contact News about the monastery:
- June 2002 - News about the first Liturgy
- August 2002 - Brief note about first feastday of the monastery.
- February 2003 - A pilgrim goes to the monasteries of St Anna and Gorgoepikoos.
- August 2003 - Brief note about cleaning up in preparation for the second feastday of the monastery.
- Summer 2005 - Shamassy Clare begins co-editing Orthodox Contact. page 3.
|Orthodoxy in Australia: Monasteries|
|Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia|
| Male: Pantanassa | St George | St John |
Female: Gorgoepikoos | Holy Cross
|Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia|
| Male: Proph. Elias | St John the Baptist | Archangel Michael ||
Saint Petroc | Holy Transfiguration | Holy Trinity
Female: Our Lady of Kazan | Presentation
| Male: New Kalenic (Serbian) | St Sava (Serbian) |
Female: St Anna (Antiochian) | Nativity Skete (Serbian)