Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Speak of the Devil: tales of satanic abuse in contemporary England is a scholarly book by Jean LaFontain pubilshed in 1998 that discusses her investigation of allegations of satanic ritual abuse made in the United Kingdom. The book documents a detailed investigation of the accounts of children during a wave of allegations of satanic ritual abuse, as well as the processes within the social work profession that supported the allegations despite a lack of evidence.
The book was reviewed by Joel Best, T. M. Luhrmann James Beckford and I. K. Wier. Robin Woffitt of the University of Surrey praised the book for clearly describing the origins of the satanic ritual abuse moral panic in the United Kingdom.
- La Fontaine, J. S. (1998). Speak of the Devil: allegations of satanic abuse in Britain. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-62934-9. http://books.google.com/books?id=JBxfvDeQdmoC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_navlinks_s.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Wooffitt, R. Book review - Speak of the Devil: Tales of Satanic Abuse in Contemporary England. 3. Sociological Research Online. http://www.socresonline.org.uk/3/2/wooffitt.html.
- ↑ Best, J (1999). "Reviewed work(s): Speak of the Devil: Tales of Satanic Abuse in Contemporary England by J. S. La Fontaine". Contemporary Sociology 28 (1): 107–108. http://www.jstor.org/stable/2653911.
- ↑ LUHRMANN, TM (2000). "Reviews - Speak of the Devil. Tales of satanic abuse in contemporary England. BY J. S. LA FONTAINE". Social Anthropology 8 (1): 79–89.
- ↑ Beckford, JA (1999). "Book Review - J. S. La Fontaine, Speak of the Devil: Tales of Satanic Abuse in Contemporary England". Sociology 33 (1): 217–218.
- ↑ Weir, IK (1999). "Book Reviews - Speak of the Devil: Tales of Satanic Abuse in Contemporary England. By J. S. La Fontaine". Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry (5): 829–832.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article was at Speak of the Devil (book). The list of authors can be seen in the page history.|