Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Shmarya Rosenberg (born Scott Rosenberg in 1958) is a former Habad-Lubavitch Hasid, Baal teshuva and graduate of Hadar Hatorah, who after becoming discontented with its policies regarding the Jewishness of Ethiopian Jews, left the movement, and went on to operate a full time blog known as "Failed Messiah."
Rosenberg was born in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Originally a secular, Rosenberg joined Chabad and became a Baal teshuvah. After joining the movement, he asked that Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, the Lubavitcher Rebbe, move the Chabad movement to aid in the effort to rescue the Beta Israel of Ethiopia. When the rebbe would not help the cause, he became disillusioned with Chabad. Due to his ensuing resentment towards Orthodox Judaism, he eventually created a blog. with the purpose of reporting on the shortcomings and hypocrisy of Chabad in particular and Orthodox Jewry in general. Because of the things he posted about the Rebbe, he claimed that he was excommunicated by Chabad of St. Paul and by Habad worldwide.
Using the blog as a means of reaching a wide audience and covering the largely under-reported Haredi/Hasidic sector, Rosenberg posts about any scandal he thinks exists in the Orthodox Jewish community, real or imagined, including sex abuse, and he also enjoys gossip within the Orthodox Jewish community, of which he is not a part.
- ↑ "Shmarya Rosenberg". LukeFord. Blogspot.com. 2008-08-02. http://protocols.blogspot.com/2004_05_09_protocols_archive.html.
- ↑ "Shmarya Rosenberg". Kahane Forum. Kahane.org. 2008-08-02. http://forum.kahane.org/index.php?topic=2392.0;wap2.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 "Shmarya Rosenberg". FailedMessiah. Shmarya Rosenberg. 2008-08-02. http://failedmessiah.typepad.com/about.html.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Blogger Focuses on Orthodox Foibles". Jewish Daily Forward, July 24, 2008. 2008-08-02. http://www.forward.com/articles/13848/.
- ↑ FailedMessiah.com
- ↑ "Jewish blogger is the watchdog of the Orthodox world". Haaretz, July 31, 2008. 2004-08-04. http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1006280.html.
- ↑ "Cloistered Shame in Israel". Time Magazine. Time Warner. 2008-05-28. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1809880,00.html.
- ↑ "Haredi Child Sex abuse described from the inside". FailedMessiah. Shmarya Rosenberg. 2008-08-02. http://failedmessiah.typepad.com/failed_messiahcom/2008/04/haredi-child-se.html.
- ↑ http://failedmessiah.typepad.com/failed_messiahcom/rubashkin.html Failed Messiah -- Rubashkin Scandals
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article was at Shmarya Rosenberg. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.|