Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Shaheed Bibis of Operation Blue Star
Less known than their Singh counterparts the Singhnis who fought and proudly fell in defense of their Holy Temple the Harmandar Sahib in opposition to the Indian Army's storming of the Temple -- code named Operation Blue Star are known to be five in number.
Like the five male devotees of 1699 the Panj Piares, they bravely stood in defense of their beliefs .
Bibi Upkar Kaur
- Bibi Upkar Kaur from Karnal in Haryana. She was the daughter of S. Metpal Singh. Bibi Upkar Kaur embraced martyrdom at Harmandar Sahib (the Golden Temple) in opposition to “Operation Blue Star” on 6th of June 1984 along with her colleagues. She was the president of the Girls Wing of All India Students Federation. She encouraged other Kaurs to fight for justice and equality and take equal part with the men folk.
Bibi Pritam Kaur
- Bibi Pritam Kaur, wife of Mohar Singh Pandit (a Hindu, who converted to Sikhi and also became a shaheed during the operation). She, her husband, and two daughters, aged 6 and 8, strapped bombs on themselves and blew themselves up to stop a tank entering Darbar Sahib.
Bibi Vaheguru Kaur
- Bibi Vaheguru Kaur, 6 years old daughter of Bhai Mohar Singh Pandit and Bibi Pritam Kaur. She, her 8 years old sister, Bibi Satnam Kaur, and both parents, strapped bombs on them and blew themselves up, in order to stop a tank entering Darbar Sahib.
Bibi Satnam Kaur
- Bibi Satnam Kaur, 8 years old daughter of Bhai Mohar Singh Pandit and Bibi Pritam Kaur. She, her 6 years old sister, Bibi Vaheguru Kaur, and both parents, strapped bombs on them and blew themselves up, in order to stop a tank entering Darbar Sahib.
Bibi Paramjit Kaur
- Bibi Paramjit Kaur, wife of Harminder Singh Sandhu.