The eleventh day of September.
- 506. The bishops of Visigothic Gaul meet in the Council of Agde.
- 1226. The Roman Catholic practice of perpetual adoration begins.
- 1924. Metropolitan Victor (Abo-Assaley) of New York . appointed head of the North American archdiocese of the Church of Antioch.
- 2001. In the September 11, 2001 attacks Al-Qaeda terrorists, directed by Osama bin Laden, hijack four airplanes in the Eastern United States. Two are crashed into the World Trade Center in New York City, one crashes into The Pentagon in Washington, and the other plane crashes into a field in Pennsylvania.
- 1838. John Ireland, American Catholic archbishop (d. 1918)
- 1914 Patriarch Pavle, Patriarch of Serbian Orthodox Church.
- Virgin of the Holy cave
- Saint Deiniol Our Lady of Coromoto
- Protus and Hyacinth
- Venerable Theodora of Alexandria (491)
- Saint Paphnutius the Confessor, Bishop in the Egyptian Thebaid
- Saint Euphrosynus the Cook of Alexandria (9th century)
- Martyr Ia of Persia and the 9,000 martyrs with her (362-364)
- Martyrs Diodorus, Didymus, and Diomedes of Laodicea
- Martyrs Euanthia, her husband Demetrius, and their son Demetrian at Skepsis on the Hellespont (1st century)
- Martyrs Serapion, Hieronides, and Leontius of Alexandria
- Weeping Kazan Icon of "Kaplunovka"
- Translation of Relics of Sergius and Herman Wonder-workers of Valaam
- Repose of Elder Melchizedek of Mzensk (1846)
- Beheading of John the Baptist (or The Forerunner)
|This page uses content from Wikia's Christian Knowledge Base Wiki. The original article was at September 11. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with the Religion-wiki, the text of the Christian Knowledge Base Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA.|