Secular Islam Summit was an international forum for secularists of Islamic societies, held in March 2007 in St. Petersburg, Florida, organized and sponsored by the Center for Inquiry, a global federation committed to science, reason, free inquiry and secularism, in partnership with the International Intelligence Summit, a non-partisan and neutral forum that brings together members of the international intelligence community to discuss issues of terrorism.
St. Petersburg Declaration
On March 5 delegates to the summit released a public manifesto calling for reform within Islam. The text, known as the St. Petersburg Declaration, urged Islamic societies to reject sharia law and fatwa courts, and to accept freedom of religion and the equality of all citizens under the law.
- ↑ Kuwait News Agency Feb 2007 First "Secular Islam Summit" to convene early next month in Florida
- ↑ Washington Post March 17 2007
- ↑ http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1501&status=article&id=258076311558394 What Is CAIR Afraid Of?
- Official website
- Newsweek article coverage of Secular Islam Summit
- Kuwait News Agency
- Washington Post A more Islamic Islam Article by Cair keynote speaker
- Cnn Glenn Beck Video interview of Wafa Sultan on Secular Islam Summit
- Toronto Sun:Pulling Muslims from Dark Age
- US News and Word report: Fighting for the soul of Islam
- Wall Street Journal: Islam's other radicals