Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| This article does not cite any references or sources.
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (December 2009)
Saint Glinglin is a fictional French saint. The name probably represents humorous onomatopoeia. The exact origin is unknown, but there are various fanciful theories. The expression dates back to the year 1897.
The French expression À la Saint Glinglin (on Saint Glinglin's Day) means "some day in the indefinite future, or quite likely never".
Similar concepts in other languages are:
- the Dutch Sint Juttemis, (Saint Judith, an actual saint),
- the German Sankt Nimmerlein, (Saint Never),
- the Polish Święty Nigdy, (Saint Never), and
- the Portuguese São Nunca, (Saint Never).
- the Romanian Sfântul Aşteaptă (Saint Wait).