Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Saint Aemilianus or Aemilius lived in the 5th century AD, and is known as a physician, confessor, and martyr. In the reign of the Arian Vandal King Huneric (477-484 AD), he became enmired in the Arian persecution in Africa. When he would not convert to Arianism he was put to death by being flayed alive. The Roman church celebrates his memory on December 6, the Greek church on December 7.
- ↑ Greenhill, William Alexander (1867), "Aemilianus (4)", in Smith, William, Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology, 1, Boston, pp. 30, http://www.ancientlibrary.com/smith-bio/0039.html
- ↑ Englebert, Omer (1994). The Lives of the Saints. Barnes & Noble Publishing. pp. 465. ISBN 1-56619-516-0. http://books.google.com/books?id=gOHxVfJFitoC&pg=PA465&lpg=PA465&dq=huneric+aemilianus&source=web&ots=Q1jeXUIzA7&sig=o9ygpzY9rYQ5TcejFtsFNLxIanI.
- ↑ Martyrol. Rom. ed. Baron.
- ↑ Victor Vitensis, De Persecut. Vandal, v. 1, with Ruinart's notes, Paris. 8vo. 1694
- ↑ Bzovius, Nomendator Sanctorum Professione Medicorum
This article incorporates text from the public domain Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology by William Smith (1870).
|30px||This article about a saint is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|