Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- In the Anglican Communion and the Roman Catholic Church in Great Britain it applies to all bishops with The Most Reverend being reserved for archbishops (elsewhere, all Roman Catholic bishops are styled as The Most Reverend).
- In some churches with a Presbyterian heritage it applies to the current Moderator of the General Assembly, such as
- the current Moderator of the United Church of Canada
- the current Moderator of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland
- the current Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland.
- In the Roman Catholic Church it applies to abbots of monasteries in the Latin Rite and archimandrites in the Eastern Churches. Monsignors of the ranks of apostolic protonotary and domestic prelate were formerly styled The Right Reverend but the currently correct style for them is The Reverend Monsignor.
- In Methodism, as in the Anglican tradition, the style is also applied to bishops of the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Other Methodist denominations, including the United Methodist Church, only use this to refer to senior ministers, not their bishops.