René Ouvrard (born in Chinon in 1624, died in Tours in 1694) was a French priest, writer and composer. He received orders and became kapellmeister of the cathedral of Bordeaux, Narbonne and the Sainte-Chapelle of Paris, then he was a canon in Tours. He became a priest in 1862.
- Secret pour composer en musique par un art nouveau, 1660
- L'Art et la Science des nombres en latin et en français, 1677
- Défense de l'ancienne tradition des Églises de France, 1678
- Histoire de la musique chez les Hébreux, les Grecs et les Romains
- ↑ (fr) "Ouvrard René, 1624-1694". Musicologie. http://www.musicologie.org/Biographies/o/ouvrard_rene.html. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
|This French biographical article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This Christianity-related biographical article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|