|This page is an official policy on Religion Wiki. It has wide acceptance among editors and is considered a standard that all users should follow. If you are part of the administration, please feel free to update this page as needed, but make sure that changes you make to this policy really do reflect Religion Wiki's perspective before you make them.|
This is the official policy on referencing and maintaining a Christian point of view within the Religion Wiki
Our main perspective is the Multipoint of View. Ofcourse you can write from a christian perspective. But you should make a statement that your article is written from a christian point of view. Therefor we have created a special template you may use on your article.
These are some of the fundamental principles which articles must follow.
- Articles should reflect the belief that (John 3:16) (NIV) "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- When quoting Scripture (a practice which is explicitly encouraged), the version of the Bible must be mentioned.
- Discussion, exploration, and criticism are encouraged, along the lines of:
- (Jude 1:3) (KJV) "...ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints"
- (1 Pet 3:15) (KJV) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
- (John 7:24) (KJV) Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
- (2 Timothy 4:2) (KJV) Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
CPOV should be labeled with our special template
this page is partly based on the cpov policy from http://christianity.wikia.com