| Part of the series on |
About Religion Wiki
|About Religion Wiki|
|Religion Wiki Staff|
|Religion Wiki Team|
|Wikia Community Team|
|Religion Wiki Manual|
|Religion Wiki Policy|
Religion wiki is an English-language wiki-based free encyclopedia project led by Friso Yoyon Schaap, who founded Religionwiki.net and the Dutch Religion Wiki in 2008 . The first Religion Wiki is actually older and has been founded in 2004 by Mattis Manzel.
Its pages are for information on different religions and the meaning of religion, and the practical side of the religious life and community. The moto here is for all world religions , and that is interpreted to mean that inclusivity and openness are the guiding principles.
Religion Wiki is not just an encyclopedia which everyone can edit. Religion Wiki is also a place to meet other people. The project aims to improve on the Wikipedia model by providing a "reliable" encyclopedia with multiple point of view available. Religion Wiki was first announced in May 2009 as a complete "fork" of the religion related content in the English Wikipedia, but that idea is partly abandoned and has become a sub project. Besides the Wiki host Wikia was offering a better wiki concept then Wikipedia which made the decission final.
Over the years the Community has grown and besided the English wiki there is also a Dutch and German version. In 2008 Religion Wiki got his own domain name religionwiki.net. Besides the wiki Religion Wiki has started an own website and a Forum. These 2 projects are still in development.
Religion Wiki's visionEdit
Religion Wiki and Wikipedia
As former wikipedians the religion wiki team has decided moving religion related articles to the religion wiki. Religion Wiki is not ment as a clone but Religion Wiki's aim is to improve these articles in content and layout. Wikipedia articles are wellknown for his large articles cramped in one page and his 'Neutral point of View' . For an user might this not the ideal.
Wikipedia is using an Neutral point of view (NPOV) unlike Wikipedia Religion Wiki has choosen for an Multiple point of view (MPOV).
With the Religion Wiki we hope we can contribute a bit on the world peace. It is a fact that religion is involved in a lot of wars and conflicts. People are misunderstanding eachother. Through Religion Wiki people can learn more about eachothers religions and also read personal opinions from our users.
Religion Wiki has users are from all over the world with different religious backgrounds. That we are not all the same makes it more exciting with working together in this project.
As example Religion Wiki has started the project Portal:Israel-Palestine (originally established on Wikipedia but partly deleted.). This projects is about and conflict in Israel and Palestine and how religion got involved in this conflict.
Religion Wiki LogoEdit
Religion Wiki is using the Israelian and Palestinian flag like brothers together as a sign that the community showing solidarity to the world peace. Israel and Palestine is a good starting position.
Law concerning copyrightEdit
The concept religionwiki.net is founded in the Netherlands. the main website is hosted by a European hosting company based in Germany. The wiki's are hosted by Wikia which is based in California, the United States. Because the users are working mainly on the wiki's Religion Wiki is respecting the jurisdiction comform the law in the United States.
Governing Law, Venue, and JurisdictionEdit
By using the Wiki Service, you agree that the laws of the State of California ,United States, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern our Policy and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Religion Wiki or any of our affiliates. You agree not to commence or prosecute any action in connection with your use of these Services other than in the state and federal courts of California, and you hereby consent to and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to venue and jurisdiction in the state and federal courts of California.
By using the Forums and website you agree that the laws of the Netherlands without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern our Policy and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Religion Wiki or any of our affiliates.
- The site itself, and the Religion Wiki trademarks, are owned by Rozalien and Friso Yoyon Schaap.
- Website content is by default given under a dual license GFDL or Creative Commons.
- Forum content is owned by the Religion Wiki Community, not by any one user. Content may used under GFDL or Creative Commons licenses
- The wikis are owned by the communities, not by any one user, and everyone is welcome to edit and contribute to the wiki.
Questions of ownership on Wikia have several aspects:
- The site itself, and the Wikia trademarks, are owned by Wikia, Inc..
- The copyright of a particular edit is owned by the person who made that edit.
- The wikis are owned by the communities. No one user owns any wiki on Wikia. Founders are those who requested a wiki be created, but ownership of that wiki resides with the community as a whole, not only with the founder.
Be aware that you are editing a site which is open to edits from any other person. If you do not want your writing to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will, then do not submit it!
Believing that an article has an owner of this sort is a common mistake people make on wikis.
In terms of legal ownership, no one person owns the content in Wikia. The license is intended to ensure that everyone who can accept that license is an owner of the right to use and improve the article.
- The English Religion-wiki was founded on 20 December 2004 by Mattis Manzel.
- In 2007 Mattis Manzel has lost his interest. Since May 2009 Friso Yoyon Schaap has taken over the admin rights.
- The Dutch, German French and Italian Religion-Wiki were founded between December 2008 and May 2009 by Friso Yoyon Schaap.
- The Dutch Wiki was originally hosted on the religionwiki.net server. In 2009 the Wiki is moved to a Wikia Server.
- Since 2008 Religion-Wiki has his own domain religionwiki.net.
- The website and forum is hosted by Friso Yoyon Schaap.
- The Wiki's (MediaWiki's) are hosted by Wikia.Wikia is founded by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley Starling.
Notes and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ This has been critized many times. There have been a lot of edit wars on Wikipedia. Religion Wiki has choosen for a Multiple point of View. A religion should be written from its own point of view. Sceptici may write articles from their point of view but should not be include in the original article. In our point of view this methode gives a better point of view on a religion by a Neutral point of View.