|Template:Bulgarian Royal Family|
Kalina got her secondary education in France and speaks Bulgarian, Spanish, French, English, Italian and German. She is an unconventional Royal, often expressing herself through fashion which includes unusual clothing, hairstyle, and makeup. She is a vegetarian, and her interests include fashion, art, furniture restoration, painting, and animal rights. She is also the only of her parents' children who became a Catholic.
On 26 October 2002 Kalina married Antonio "Kitín" Muñoz y Valcárcel, a noted Spanish humanitarian. The Royal wedding was the subject of a television documentary. The wedding ceremony was Roman Catholic at Tsarska Bistritsa but followed by an Eastern Orthodox blessing.
On 22 October 2006 it was announced that Kalina and Kitín are expecting their first child. Princess Kalina gave birth to a healthy boy on 14 March 2007 at Lozenets Hospital in Sofia. The baby's name, Simeon Hassan Muñoz, is in honour of his grandfather Simeon II of Bulgaria and the late Hassan II of Morocco (because of the friendship between the two royal families). Earlier reports had claimed that the name would have been Simeon Francisco Javier. Simeon was baptised an Orthodox Christian in Bulgaria on 25 April 2008. His godparents are King Mohammed VI of Morocco and Princess Irene of Greece and Denmark.
- Bride & Groom Netty's Royalty Page
- ↑ "Bulgarian Princess Kalina Pregnant with First Child", The Sofia Weekly, 22 October 2006
- ↑ Royal Baby's Name - Simeon Hassan Kitin Munoz
- ↑ Siméon-Hassan de Bulgarie présenté au public
- ↑ segabg.com
- ↑ El hijo de la princesa Kalina de Bulgaria se llamarán Simeón Francisco Javier
- ↑ Princess Kalina returns to Bulgarian homeland for son's baptism
|This biography of a member of a European royal house is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|