Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Preach My Gospel is the "standard curriculum for all mission presidents, full-time missionaries, and ward missionaries" of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or Mormon Church. . It contains instructions related to missionary work, spiritual principles such as how to develop Christlike attributes and recognizing the influence of the Holy Ghost. Preach My Gospel also includes practical suggestions for increasing one's personal effectiveness in using time wisely, studying and teaching from the scriptures, coordinating efforts with local members and leaders, and learning a mission language. The book also includes the standard lessons (see Chapter 3) to be taught to investigators and new members of the Church.
Preach My Gospel is available in a variety of languages in PDF format and in mp3 format in English from the www.lds.orgwebsite . The structure of the lessons from Chapter 3 is also used to organize the primary content available at www.mormon.org.
Quotes regarding Preach My Gospel
May I share with you why I am so enthusiastic about Preach My Gospel? It has focused our missionary effort as never before. For years I have asked groups of missionaries, “What is the purpose of your mission?” Their individual responses differed greatly. Most did not have any concrete purpose to organize their efforts. Page 1 of this guide powerfully focuses missionaries on their true purpose: “Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.” The contents then suggest how to do that as led by the Spirit.
For the past three years missionaries have been using Preach My Gospel all around the world. It has truly revolutionized missionary work. The great vision of President Hinckley is being fulfilled: Missionaries “master the concepts of the lessons.” They “teach the concepts in their own words under the guiding influence of the Holy Spirit” (see “Missionary Service,” Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting, Jan. 11, 2003, 19). As the missionaries become immersed in Preach My Gospel, they learn and apply important doctrines and principles which make them more capable in their important service. Despite this, they still need all of our help and support. Only together can we fulfill the great charge given to the ancient and modern Apostles: “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15)
Contents of Preach My Gospel
First Presidency Message Introduction: How Can I Best Use Preach My Gospel 1. What Is My Purpose as a Missionary? 2. How Do I Study Effectively and Prepare to Teach? 3. What Do I Study and Teach?
- Lesson 1: The Message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Lesson 2: The Plan of Salvation
- Lesson 3: The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Lesson 4: The Commandments
- Lesson 5: Laws and Ordinances
4. How Do I Recognize the Spirit? 5. What Is the Role of the Book of Mormon? 6. How Do I Develop Christlike Attributes? 7. How Can I Better Learn My Mission Language? 8. How Do I Use My Time Wisely? 9. How Do I Find People to Teach? 10. How Can I Improve My Teaching Skills? 11. How Do I Help People Make and Keep Commitments? 12. How Do I Prepare People for Baptism and Confirmation? 13. How Do I Work with Stake and Ward Leaders? Index
- ↑ Richard G. Scott, The Power of Preach My Gospel,” Liahona, May 2005, 29–31.
- ↑ Erich W. Kopischke, “Preach My Gospel—the Unifying Tool between Members and Missionaries,” Ensign, Nov 2007, 33–35.
- Preach My Gospel--the Unifying Tool between Members and Missionaries by Elder Erich W. Kopischke
Of the Seventy