Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Porvoo Communion is the community formed through an agreement between twelve historically Protestant European churches. The agreement, entitled, The Porvoo Common Statement, establishes full communion between and among the churches. The agreement was negotiated in 1992 in the town of Järvenpää in Finland. The name of the Communion comes from the town where it was celebrated after the signing in Järvenpää by a joint Holy Communion. The churches involved are the Anglican churches of the British Isles, the Lutheran national churches of the Nordic countries, and the Lutheran churches of the Baltic countries. Later negotiations brought the Episcopal (Anglican Communion) churches of the Iberian peninsula into the agreement.
Signatories of the Porvoo Communion:
- The Church of England
- The Church of Ireland
- The Scottish Episcopal Church
- The Church in Wales
- The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Iceland
- The Church of Norway
- The Church of Sweden (formerly a state-church)
- The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland
- The Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church
- The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Lithuania
- The Lusitanian Catholic Apostolic Evangelical Church of Portugal
- The Spanish Reformed Episcopal Church
Other churches involved as observers: