Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article forms part of the series|
|Orthodoxy in Australia Timeline |
Orthodoxy in New Zealand Timeline
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|Antiochian - Met Abp Paul|
GOA Aus - Abp Stylianos
GOM NZ - Met Amphilochios
ROCOR - Met Hilarion
Romanian - Bp Mihail
Serbian - Bp Irinej
| Antiochian Orthodox |
Greek Orthodox (Aus)
|Saint Anna |
O.L. of Kazan
|New Kalenic |
|Edit this box|
|This article is a stub. You can help Religion Wiki by.|
- 1963 May 24: The profession of faith by Archim. Philaret was received in the Archbishop's Chapel by Abp Sava of Sydney, Bp Anthony of Melbourne and Bp Dionysios of Nazianzos (GOA).
- 1963 May 26: Archim. Philaret was consecrated by Abp Sava and Bp Anthony. Due to protests from committee members of Sts Peter and Paul Church, Bp Dionysios was asked not to participate in the consecration.
- 1964 Through the suggestion of Abp Sava, Bp Philaret was appointed First Hierarch of ROCOR.
- 1969 Metropolitan Philaret issues the first of a series of "sorrowful epistles" to the primates of the local Orthodox Churches condemning forays into ecumenism. ROCOR enters into communion with the Old Calendarists under Archbishop Auxentios of Athens.
- 1985 November 8/21: Metropolitan Philaret reposes in the Lord.
- 1998 The remains of Metropolitan Philaret are found to be incorrupt.
- 2001 Two uncanocial juristictions, the HOCNA and the Russian Orthodox Autonomous Church, hold separate glorification services for Metropolitan Philaret.
- 2008 Russian Orthodox Church Abroad - Provisional Supreme Church Authority, holds a glorification service for Metropolitan Philaret.
|Bishop of Brisbane (ROCOR)|
|First Hierarch of the ROCOR|
- Metropolitan St. Philaret of New York (+1985)
- The Early Years of Our First Hierarch Metropolitan Philaret by Archbishop Nafanail (Lvov)
- The Main Goal of Man is to Save his Soul for Eternity by Metropolitan Philaret (Voznesensky)
- The Free Part of the Russian Church, interview of Metr Philaret given to the West German Catholic weekly Publik
- The Vestments and Staff of His Eminence Metropolitan Philaret Are Given to His Holiness Patriarch Alexy