Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| Pensées |
by Blaise Pascal
| Pensées ("thoughts") represent a defense of the Christian religion by Blaise Pascal, and are in many ways his life's work. The collection was first published in 1669, seven years after his death.— Excerpted from Pensées on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Page scans of a 1910 printing are available.
- I. Thoughts on Mind and on Style
- II. The Misery of Man Without God
- III. Of the Necessity of the Wager
- IV. Of the Means of Belief
- V. Justice and the Reason of Effects
- VI. The Philosophers
- VII. Morality and Doctrine
- VIII. The Fundamentals of the Christian Religion
- IX. Perpetuity
- X. Typology
- XI. The Prophecies
- XII. Proofs of Jesus Christ
- XIII. The Miracles
- XIV. Appendix: Polemical Fragments
|This work published before January 1, 1923 is in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago.|