Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Saint Paulinus of Trier|
|Bishop of Augusta Treverorum and Bishop of Trier|
|Died||358, Phrygia, in nowadays Turkey|
|Venerated in||Roman Catholicism|
Saint Paulinus of Trier (died 358) was bishop of Trier and a supporter of Athanasius in the conflict with Arianism. At the Synod of Arles of 353 he was isolated among Arians, and was exiled, to Phrygia, being effectively singled out by the Emperor Constantius II. He died in exile.
Paulinus was from Gascony and educated in the cathedral school at Poitiers. He travelled to Germany with Maximin of Trier, whom he succeeded as bishop. He is a Catholic and Orthodox saint (feast day August 31).
- ↑ Carl L. Beckwith - The Condemnation and Exile of Hilary of Poitiers at the Synod of Beziers (356 C.E.) - Journal of Early Christian Studies 13:1
- ↑ NPNF2-09. Hilary of Poitiers, John of Damascus | Christian Classics Ethereal Library
- ↑ Daniel H. Williams, Ambrose of Milan and the End of the Arian-Nicene Conflicts' (1995), p. 53.
- ↑ http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=l-pwoTFp31kC&pg=PA645&lpg=PA645&dq=paulinus+of+trier&source=web&ots=H6nk0M4Dn9&sig=DR7_qiBQQscIc8w80Kn9a9F0Y7M&hl=en#PPA645,M1] Google Books
- ↑  DIOCESE OF POITIERS
- ↑ Latin Saints of the Orthodox Patriarchate of Rome