A parable is a story that teaches a lesson, or principle. Most people associate parables with the Bible. However, parables appear also in the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants. Following are links to some parables found outside the Bible.
- Parable of the olive tree found in the Book of Mormon
- The vision of Lehi and Nephi recorded in the Book of Mormon is a parable.
- The parables of the watchtower, the wheat and the tares, and the unjust judge in the Doctrine and Covenants
- The parables of the fig tree and the unwise virgins as recounted in the Doctrine and Covenants
- The parable of the kingdoms and the master in the Doctrine and Covenants
|This page uses content from Mormon Wiki. The original article was at Parable. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with the Religion-wiki, the text of Mormon Wiki is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|