Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The twenty-eighth day of October.
- 312: Battle of Milvian Bridge. Constantine the Great sees an omen in the sky: the Greek letters "Chi" and "Rho" (the first two letters of "Christ") and the inscription "in hoc signo vinces" (with this sign, you will conquer).
- 1943: Weizsacker, the German Ambassador to the Vatican, telegrammed Berlin that Pope Pius XII "has not allowed himself to be carried away [into] making any demonstrative statements against the deportation of the Jews."
- 1958: Angelo Giuseppe Roncalli, Patriarch of Venice, is elected as Pope John XIII. He succeeds Pope Pius XII.
- 1967: Pope Paul VI and Patriarch Athenagoras I of Constantinople sign a joint declaration calling for cooperation between the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches.
- Arsenius of Srem, Archbishop of Serbia
- Athanasius I, Patriarch of Constantinople
- Dorbheneus, Abbot of Iona
- Eadsin, Archbishop of Canterbury, England, Who Crowned King Edward the Confessor
- Great-martyr Paraskeva of Iconium
- Martyrs Terence and Neoilla and their children
- New-Martyrs Angelis, Manuel, George and Nicholas of Crete
- Venerable Job of Pochayiv
- Venerable Stephen of Mar Sabbas monastery in Palestine
- Discovery of the Holy Cross (Armenian Apostolic Church)
|This page uses content from Wikia's Christian Knowledge Base Wiki. The original article was at October 28. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with the Religion-wiki, the text of the Christian Knowledge Base Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA.|