Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Noa may refer to:
Noa (Hebrew: נועה, Noa; or נעה, Nōʿā), is a feminine Hebrew name, derived from a root that means "movement". The name is used in the Hebrew Bible for one of the daughters of Zelophehad. Noa is commonly confused with Noah (Hebrew: נח), an unrelated masculine name known from the biblical story about Noah's ark.
Noa is not a standard Arabic name, but its used by native Egyptians residing on the Mediterranean in their common dialect to refer to "the strong wind coming from the sea".
"Noa" is also a masculine Polynesian name (though not commonly used).
- Loveman Noa, a US Naval officer killed during the Philippines Insurrection
- Noa, the chosen appellation of singer Achinoam Nini
- Noa Tishby, an Israeli actress
- Noa Nadruku, Ethnic Fijian Rugby player
- Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku-Enhada, Quarterback, U.S. Naval Academy, Hawaiian
- Noa, a character from Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa
- Noa Takahashi, the lead character of the manga series Betting On Love
- Noa Izumi, a character from the anime and manga series Patlabor
- Noa, a character from the anime Kiba
- Noa (dog) a dog in the manga Inubaka: Crazy for Dogs
- Noa, a character in Star Wars
- Noa, a protagonist in the video game Legend of Legaia.
- Ultraman Noa from Ultraman Nexus
- Noa, a common misspelling of Noah (spelled and pronounced differently in Hebrew), the biblical builder of the Ark
- Noa, a womens fragrance by Cacharel.
- An Argentine region of six north-western provinces, see Región Noroeste Argentino
- North Oxfordshire Academy, an academy in Banbury, England, formerly Drayton School
- Net Operating Assets
- A Polynesian term for replacing names to avoid summoning something. A form of euphemism.
- A Māori term referring to the opposite of tapu; noa means common, non-sacred, or free from tapu (sometimes because tapu has been broken).
- The Natural Ontological Attitude, a philosophy of science proposed by Arthur Fine
- A Māori term, Noa means "the lifting of a tapu" and literally means "safe".
Organizations and companies
- Naval Officer's Associations, an association for Canadian naval officers, see website
- National Organizers Alliance
- National Outsourcing Association, a telecommunications association in the United Kingdom.
- National Observatory of Athens
- Olympic Air, ICAO airline designator
- Team NoA, professional e-sports team official website.
- Nintendo of America
- NOA Audio Solutions, Manufacturer of audio archive management tools official website.
- Naturally occurring asbestos, which is the unprocessed form of Asbestos (common in California, Montana, and Turkey).
- Norma Ortográfica Andaluza, a Spanish transcription method in actual commercial use for popular songs with flamenco lyrics which aims to reflect more phonetically the actual speech features of the Andalusian region.
- North Atlantic oscillation, an ocean variability
- Notice of Action, a printed form (I-797) which the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services sends out to document processing milestones on petitions
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.