|This article forms part of the series|
|Orthodoxy in Australia Timeline |
Orthodoxy in New Zealand Timeline
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|Antiochian - Met Abp Paul|
GOA Aus - Abp Stylianos
GOM NZ - Met Amphilochios
ROCOR - Met Hilarion
Romanian - Bp Mihail
Serbian - Bp Irinej
| Antiochian Orthodox |
Greek Orthodox (Aus)
|Saint Anna |
O.L. of Kazan
|New Kalenic |
|Edit this box|
His Grace Nikandros of Dorileou is currently the titular bishop of Dorileou, serving as the assistant to Archbishop Stylianos, responsible for the Third Archdiocesan District of South Australia and the Northern Territory and the Fifth Archdiocesan District of Western Australia.
- 1947: Nikolaos Palyvos born in Styra of Karystia. Went on to study at Theological School of the University of Athens.
- 1969: Ordained to diaconate.
- 1970: Ordained to priesthood. Served as parish priest in Metropolis of Karystia and Syros, and Vicar-General to Metropolitan.
- 1974: Graduated from Theological School. Also attended lessons at Law School of University of Athens for three years.
- ~1982: Began teaching theology in Greek secondary education system for 18 consecutive years.
- 1989: Transferred to parish of St Alexander in P. Faliro, made secretary of Metropolis of Nea Smyrni.
- 2000 September: Received certificate of discharge from Metropolis of Nea Smyrni to join Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia. Assigned to Parish of St John in Carlton, Melbourne.
- 2001 February 25: Consecrated bishop.
- March 2: Arrived in Perth to head the Fifth Archdiocesan District of Western Australia.
- 2002 June: After Bishop Joseph of Arianzos was transferred from Adelaide to Melbourne, Bishop Nikandros transferred to Adelaide to head the Third Archdiocesan District of South Australia and Northern Territory in addition to existing duties.
|Bishop of Dorileou|