The Monterrey Mexico Temple is the 110th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The Monterrey Mexico Temple is the 12th Mormon temple to be built in Mexico. It serves over 91,000 members in northeastern Mexico. Prior to the Monterrey temple being built some members had to travel as much as 25 hours and cross the border to attend Spanish-speaking sessions at the Mesa Arizona Temple.
It took five years after the announcement of a temple in Monterrey before ground was finally broken, because of local resistance to the original site. Although the Church won the three-year legal suit, officials decided to relocate the temple site to appease local neighbors. "The new site is located in the Huajuco zone of Monterrey along the National Highway."  Construction on the temple began on 4 November 2000.
During the two-week open house about 40,000 people attended. Among the attendees were business, government, civic leaders, and officials from other religious faiths. On 28 April 2002, Church President Gordon B. Hinckley dedicated the Monterrey Mexico Temple. It was the 75th temple that President Hinckley has had the honor of personally dedicating.
During the dedicatory prayer President Hinckley said, "We express our gratitude for the Prophet Joseph Smith to whom Thou didst reveal Thyself and Thine Only Begotten Son. We thank Thee for all of the gifts that have come through the restoration of the gospel including the keys of the Holy Priesthood, which will be exercised in this house." 
President Hinckley also expressed, "appreciation for the many missionaries who have labored in this great nation in teaching the eternal truths of Thy gospel. They have served with such devotion that today hundreds of thousands of Thy sons and daughters have entered the waters of baptism and have thereafter walked in faith before Thee." 
The Monterrey Mexico Temple has a classic modern design with a single-spire. The exterior is finished with white granite. It has a total of 16,498 square feet, two ordinance rooms, and two sealing rooms.
- El Norte, 8 August 2000.
- "Dedicatory prayer: 'Open the windows of heaven,'" Church News, 11 May 2002, 26 Jun. 2005
Temples in Mexico
- Ciudad Juárez Mexico Temple
- Colonia Juarez Chihuahua Mexico Temple
- Guadalajara Mexico Temple
- Hermosillo Sonora Mexico Temple
- Merida Mexico Temple
- Mexico City Mexico Temple
- Monterrey Mexico Temple
- Oaxaca Mexico Temple
- Tampico Mexico Temple
- Tuxtla Gutierrez Mexico Temple
- Veracruz Mexico Temple
- Villahermosa Mexico Temple
- Official LDS Monterrey Mexico Temple page
- Monterrey Mexico Temple page
- Mormon Temple Worship - BBC Religion & Ethics
- Temples and Mormon Temples - Answers.com
- Mormon Temples and Secrecy
- Mormon Missionary Work - Lightplanet
- Joseph Smith - American Prophet
- A video about the Monterrey Mexico Templept:Templo de Monterrey no México