Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Meshullam is a Biblical masculine name meaning "Befriended". In the Old Testament the name Meshullam was borne by eleven characters:
- One of the chief Gadites in Bashan in the time of Jotham (Ch1 5:13).
- Grandfather of Shaphan, "the scribe," in the reign of Josiah (Kg2 22:3).
- A priest, father of Hilkiah (Ch1 9:11),(Neh 11:11), in the reign of Ammon; called Shallum in (Ch1 6:12).
- A Levite of the family of Kohath ((Ch2 34:12), in the reign of Josiah.
- A son of Elpaal. (Ch1 8:17).
- One of two sons of Zerubbabel, the other being Hananiah. ( )
- A priest, head of the House of Ezra. (Neh 12:13).
- A chief priest (Neh 12:16).
- One of the leading Levites in the time of Ezra (Ezr 8:16).
- A priest (Ch1 9:12).
- One of the principal Israelites who supported Ezra when expounding the law to the people (Neh 8:4).
- This entry incorporates text from the public domain Easton's Bible Dictionary, originally published in 1897.
|This article related to the Hebrew Bible is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|