In Greek mythology, Menoetius (Greek: Μενοίτιος) referred to several different people:
- A son of Iapetus and Clymene or Asia, and a brother of Atlas, Prometheus and Epimetheus, was killed by Zeus with a flash of lightning, in the fight of the Titans, and banished to Tartarus.
- One of Hades' shepherds on Erythea. He told Geryon when Heracles stole Geryon's herd.
- Father of Patroclus and Myrto (by either Sthenele, Periopis or Polymele), son of Actor and Aegina. This Menoetius may have been one of the Argonauts.
- ↑ Hesiod, Theogony 507, &c., 514
- ↑ Apollodorus, Bibliotheca, 1. 2. § 3
- ↑ Scholia to Aeschylus' Prometheus Bound 347
- ↑ Apollodorus, Bibliotheca, 3. 13. 8
- ↑ Plutarch, Aristides, 20. 6
- ↑ Homer, Iliad, XI, 785