Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The twenty-fifth day of May.
- 1521. Edict of Worms declares Martin Luther to be a heretic and outlaw.
- 1914. Giacomo della Chiesa (later Pope Benedict XV becomes a cardinal.
- 1963. Pope John XXIII suffers a stomach hemorrhage and remains hospitalized until his death on June 3.
- 1995. Pope John Paul II publishes the encyclical Ut Unum Sint (That they may be one), which affirms the Papal commitment to ecumenism.
- 1085. Death of Pope Gregory VII.
- 1847. John Alexander Dowie, faith healer (died 1907).
- 1930. Death of Randall Davidson, Archbishop of Canterbury, from 1903 to1928
- Third Finding of the Head of St. John the Forerunner (Eastern Orthodox)
|This page uses content from Wikia's Christian Knowledge Base Wiki. The original article was at May 25. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with the Religion-wiki, the text of the Christian Knowledge Base Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA.|