Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mary de Young is a professor of sociology at Grand Valley State University, where from 2000-2003 she served as the head of the sociology department. She has published a variety of works in the area of child sexual abuse, including five books, several book chapters, and more than thirty-five peer-reviewed journal papers.
In 1989, de Young reviewed the literature published by pro-pedophile organizations for public dissemination and found that pro-pedophile organizations used several strategies to promote goals of public acceptance of pedophilia, including the adoption of value-neutral terminology, redefining the term child sexual abuse, promoting the idea that children can consent to sex with adults, questioning the assumption of harm, promoting objective research, and the declassification of pedophilia as mental illness.
De Young has also published several works examining the satanic ritual abuse controversy as a moral panic from a sociological perspective.
- de Young, Mary (2002). The ritual abuse controversy: an annotated bibliography. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland. ISBN 0-7864-1259-3.
- de Young, Mary (2004). The day care ritual abuse moral panic. Jefferson, N.C: McFarland. ISBN 0-7864-1830-3. http://books.google.com/books?id=_e8ZkJBtz0EC&printsec=frontcover.
- de Young, Mary (1985). Incest: an annotated bibliography. Jefferson, N.C: McFarland. ISBN 0-89950-142-7.
- de Young, Mary (1987). Child Molestation: an annotated bibliography. Jefferson, N.C: McFarland. ISBN 0899502431.
- de Young, Mary (1982). The Sexual Victimization of Children. Jefferson, N.C: McFarland. ISBN 0899500633.
- deYoung, M (1992). "Credibility Assessment During the Sexual Abuse Evaluation". in O'Donohue W & Geer JH. The Sexual Abuse of Children: Clinical Issues v.2. Hillsdale, New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. ISBN 0805809791.
- deYoung, M; Lowry JA (1991). "Traumatic Bonding: From Concept to Application; Mothers in Paternally Incestuous Families: Another Look at Collusion". in Mauro LM & Woods JH. Building Bridges: Interdisciplinary Research in Child Abuse and Neglect. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Temple University Press.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Curriculum Vitae of Mary de Young, PhD". Grand Valley State University. http://www.gvsu.edu/cms3/assets/6379E14A-CC9D-548E-D342308923A1FBB5/deYoungvita.htm.
- ↑ de Young, Mary (March 1989). "The World According to NAMBLA: Accounting for Deviance.". Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare 16 (1): 111–26. http://www.ncjrs.gov/App/Publications/abstract.aspx?ID=116974. Retrieved 2008-10-20.
- Home page at Grand Valley State University
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article was at Mary de Young. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.|