Scriptures Regarding Women
Women in family life
- Titus 2:3-5 NET
- 3 Older women likewise are to exhibit behavior fitting for those who are holy, not slandering, not slaves to excessive drinking, but teaching what is good.
- 4 In this way they will train the younger women to love their husbands, to love their children,
- 5 to be self-controlled, pure, fulfilling their duties at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the message of God may not be discredited.
- Proverbs 31:10-31 NET
- The Wife of Noble Character
- 10 Who can find a wife of noble character? For her value is far more than rubies.
- 11 The heart of her husband has confidence in her,and he has no lack of gain.
- 12 She brings him good and not evil all the days of her life.
- 13 She obtains wool and flax,and she is pleased to work with her hands.
- 14 She is like the merchant ships; she brings her food from afar.
- 15 She also gets up while it is still night,and provides food for her household and a portion to her female servants.
- 16 She considers a field and buys it; from her own income she plants a vineyard.
- 17 She begins her work vigorously,and she strengthens her arms.
- 18 She knows that her merchandise is good,and her lamp does not go out in the night.
- 19 Her hands take hold of the distaff,and her hands grasp the spindle.
- 20 She extends her hand to the poor,and reaches out her hand to the needy.
- 21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household,for all of her household are clothed with scarlet.
- 22 She makes for herself coverlets; her clothing is fine linen and purple.
- 23 Her husband is well-known in the city gate when he sits with the elders of the land.
- 24 She makes linen garments and sells them,and supplies the merchants with sashes.
- 25 She is clothed with strength and honor,and she can laugh at the time to come.
- 26 She opens her mouth with wisdom,and loving instruction is on her tongue.
- 27 She watches over the ways of her household,and does not eat the bread of idleness.
- 28 Her children rise up and call her blessed,her husband also praises her:
- 29 "Many daughters have done valiantly,but you surpass them all."
- 30 Charm is deceitful and beauty is fleeting,but a woman who fears the Lord will be praised.
- 31 Give her credit for what she has accomplished,and let her works praise her in the city gates.
Scriptures Related to Women's Ministries
- This is a section stub. Please edit it to add information.
Women in Ministry
- The role of women in Ministry has historically been a topic of discussion and debate in Christianity. The views can range from "Extreme Egalitarian" which states that there is no role or function in the life of the church from which a woman is to be excluded to "Extreme Complementarian" which limits the role of women to complete subordination with no authority in any aspect of church ministry.
Quotes on Biblical Womanhood
Christian wives tend to leave the "fat books" and theology to their husbands. While this may look "submissive" to some, it is actually disobedience. It is not enough that we know Proverbs 31, Ephesians 5, 1 Peter 3, and 1 Corinthians 11 & 14. We have to know more than how to be a good wife. After all, our first calling is to be a good Christian, and if we are good Christians, we will be good wives and mothers. We mustn't be afraid to study topics other than those which are related to being a wife and mother. We see in Scripture that women became disciples along with the men. What is a disciple? It is not a mindless follower. A disciple is a student—someone enrolled in the class.
This can be seen in passages of Scripture: when Paul prohibits women from teaching men, he (in the same breath) requires Christian women to be students of the Word. Let a woman learn... (1 Tim. 2:11).—Nancy Wilson
- Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood (Selected Chapters)
- Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
Woman in ministry
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found