Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Canaanite name Makheloth or Mkl refers to a station of the Exodus near Moab. It has a variety of possible meanings most of which center around Maq'arah which means a burning or blackening. The god of Beth-shean is called "Mkl'a", the great god. The first element in his name, Mkl is Canaanite and means ruler.Canaanite Moloch: Mlk The story of Abraham combines both burning and blackening.     Melchizedek, from . Moloch, from Hebrew mlek, from Canaanite *mulk, perhaps variant of Canaanite *malk, *milk, king. 4. Mameluke, from Arabic mamlk, owned, slave, Mameluke, passive participle of malaka, to own, possess.  Kohl used by the Egyptians as black eye shadow alcohol,  (the) powder of antimony, antimony. References to the gods of the land itself:  In that sense we have the assemblies or divisions of land between the tribes and also ashes to ashes and dust to dust in reference to burials.   
- ↑ (In the land of abimelech, the father of Moab, a sacrifice of lamb or beef was burned, barbecued or shishkabobed in the fire.)
- ↑ (The Jewish Encyclopedia notes that while the Sons of Israel wandered in the desert along the borders of Moab, the Moabites regularly made offerings of small cattle or lambs to Moloch the god of Moab.)
- ↑ (Bartelbys semitic roots ENTRY: mlk. DEFINITION: West Semitic, to rule, dominate, possess, own; Common Semitic noun *malk-, ruler, king.
- ↑ Melkite, from Aramaic malkye, plural of malky, royal, royalist, from malk, king.)
- ↑ (Hebrew malkî-edeq, my king (is) righteousness, from malk, presuffixal form of melek, king + -î, my. )
- ↑ (Bartlets semitic roots. The semitic root kl: ENTRY: kl. DEFINITION: Common Semitic noun *kul-(powder of) antimony. kohl))
- ↑ (from Arabic (al-)kul,)
- ↑ ( Egyptian Akr: The canopic name Mai-m-akr-ah means Akr is great! Akr being the earth god who gives the land to the people)
- ↑ (upper Egyptwas anciently "kmt", which means the black land. Lower Egypt was "dsrt" the Red land bordering the Red Sea whose capital was at Thebes. Makheloth bordered the black land.)
- ↑ (M*a*hr*b33l meaning from Ba'al, the Canaanite god. Mhr-Anat which means "champion, or upholder of the goddess Anat whose territory is in the north around Manassah.)
- ↑ (The ape headed Mahmackrah is the third of four Egyptian canopic jars. The Egyptians placed this ape or bulls head in the north associated with the plains of Medeba or Moab and its cattle ranching. M ah m ackr ah
| Previous Station:|
| The Exodus|
| Next Station:|
|This article related to the Hebrew Bible is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|