Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Macarius IV Tawil|
|Patriarch of Antioch|
|Church||Melkite Greek Catholic Church|
|See||Patriarch of Antioch|
|Enthroned||10 December 1813|
|Reign ended||15 December 1815|
|Predecessor||Athanasius V Matar|
|Successor||Ignatius V Qattan|
15 December 1815|
Macarius Tawil was born in Damascus:123. He entered in the religious order of the Basilian Salvatorians of which he was Superior from 1804 to 1807 and from 1810 to 1812. He was consecrated bishop of Zahle and Forzol by patriarch Agapius II Matar:85 in 1811.
Macarius Tawil was elected patriarch by a synod of bishops held on 10 December 1813 at the Holy Saviour monastery, and he kept the name of Macarius . His election was contested, and it was still under review by the Roman Congregation of Propaganda Fide when Macarius IV Tawil died of pestilence on 15 December 1815.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Charon (Korolevsky), Cyril (1998) . History of the Melkite Patriarchates. 1. Eastern Christian Pubblications. ISBN 1892278014.
- ↑ Charon (Korolevsky), Cyril (2001) . History of the Melkite Patriarchates. 3 part 2. Eastern Christian Pubblications. pp. 426. ISBN 1892278049.
- ↑ David M. Cheney. "Archbishop Macaire IV Tawil, B.S.". Catholic-Hierarchy.org. http://www.catholic-hierarchy.org/bishop/btawi.html. Retrieved 2009-04-08.
- ↑ on 29 November according to the Julian calendar
- ↑ on 3 December according to the Julian calendar
- ↑ Korolevsky, Cyril (1924). "Antioche". Dictionnaire d'histoire et de géographie ecclésiastiques. 3. Paris: Letouzey et Ané. pp. 651.