Lynn Ahrens (born October 1, 1948) is a Jewish American musical theatre lyricist who frequently works with Stephen Flaherty. They are best known for the shows Once on This Island, which was nominated for eight Tony Awards, and Ragtime, which was nominated for twelve Tony Awards and won Best Original Score, in addition to the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Lyrics. They also collaborated on songs for the movie Anastasia. Ahrens also wrote music and lyrics for and performed on Schoolhouse Rock and Captain Kangaroo.
Ahrens was born in New York City. She is a graduate of Syracuse University. Flaherty met her at the BMI Workshop in 1982 and started working together the following year.
- Lucky Stiff (1988)
- Once on This Island (1990)
- My Favorite Year (1992)
- A Christmas Carol (1994) (produced as a TV film in 2004)
- Ragtime (1998)
- Seussical the Musical (2000)
- A Man of No Importance (2002)
- Dessa Rose (2005)
- The Glorious Ones (2007)
- "I Eat", contribution to The Seven Deadly Sins: A Song Cycle for Audra McDonald
- "Interplanet Janet" and "A Noun is a Person, Place or Thing", contributions to Schoolhouse Rock!
- Lynn Ahrens at the Internet Movie Database
- Lynn Ahrens at the Internet Broadway Database
- Lynn Ahrens at the Internet Off-Broadway Database
- Official website of Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article was at Lynn Ahrens. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.|