Pakistan has many shrines, sights, sounds and symbols that have significance to Pakistani nationalists. These include the Shrines of Political leaders of pre-indepdence and post-independence Pakistan, Shrines of Religious leaders and Saints, The Shrines of Imperial leaders of various Islamic Empires and Dynasties, as well as national symbols and sounds of Pakistan. Some of these shrines, sights and symbols have become a places of Pilgrimage for Pakistani ultra-nationalism and militarism, as well as for obviously religious purposes.
Mausoleums and Shrines of Political leaders
Below is a list of Shrines and mausoleums of political leaders and activists that were involved in politics of pre-independence and post-independence Pakistan. Some may consider these leaders religious, others may consider them strictly political leaders. This is list ordered by year of death and is in no way limited to:
- The mausoleum of Muhammad Iqbal (Poet of the Nation) in Lahore, Pakistan.
- The mausoleum of M.A Jinnah (Father of the Nation) in Karachi Pakistan.
- The mausoleum of Abdur Rab Nishtar in Karachi, Pakistan.
- The mausoleum of Fatima Jinnah (Mother of the Nation) in Karachi, Pakistan.
- The mausoleum of Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- The mausoleum of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and Benazir Bhutto in Garhi Khuda Bakhsh, Pakistan.
Mausoleums and Shrines of Religious leaders
- The Shrine of Syed Abul Hassan Bin Usman Bin Ali Al-Hajweri at the Data Durbar Complex in Lahore, Pakistan.
- The Shrine of Abdullah Shah Ghazi (Patron Saint of Karachi) in Karachi, Pakistan.
- The Shrine of Bibi Pak Daman (Shrine of the 'Six Holy Ladies') in Lahore, Pakistan.
- The Holy shrine of Great sufi saint Hazarat pir syed Jamat Ali Shah(Ameer-e-millat) in Ali Pur Sharief Sialkot
- Shrine of Hazrat Mir Jani Shah Sarkar in Peshawar, NWFP, Pakistan
- Shrine of Hazrat Shah Qabool Aulia in Peshawar, NWFP, Pakistan
- The Shrine of Hazrat Khwaja Muhammad Shams-ud-Din(Shams-ul-Aarfeen) Sialvi Sial Sharif
- The holy shrine of Syed Jamat ali shah lasani and syed pir Ali Hussain shah naqsh_e_lasani,Pir Hafiz Syed Abid Hussain shah Naqsha-e-Naqsh-e-Lasani, Alipur Syedan Sharif, Narowal
- The holy shrine of Hazrat Pir Sher Muhammad, Sharqpur Sharif, Sheikhupura.
- The Holy Shrine of Hazarat Pir Syed Faiz-ul Hassan Shah in Allomahar shrief in sialkot on sialkot gujranwala road.Pir Syed Faiz ul Hasan a famous religious scholar and speaker of islam known as Khatib ul Islam .Here are also sherines of islamic piouses Pir Syed Muhammad Channan Shah Nuri,Pir Syed Amin Shah,Syed Muhammad Hussain Shah and syed Khalid Hasan Shah.
- Hz Imam Ali ul Haq, Sialkot
- The Shrine of Pir Meher Ali Shah at Golra Sharif in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- The shrine of Hazrat Pir Aftab Ahmed Qasmi and Hazrat Pir Zahid Khan at Mohra sharif Murree Rawalpindi Punjab Pakistan
- The Shrine of Pir Muhammad Qasim and Pir Nazir Ahmad at Mohra Sharif near Murree, Pakistan.
- The Shrine of Shah Jamal in Lahore, Pakistan.
- The Shrine of Hazrat Pir Syed Ismail Ali Shah Bukhari in Karmanwala Sharif, District Okara, Punjab, Pakistan.
- The Shrine of Daud Bandagi Kirmani in Shergarh, District Okara, Punjab, Pakistan.
- Abdullah Shah Ghazi Mazar (mausoleum of Karachi's sufi saint), Karachi
- The Shrine of Hazrat Shah Yusuf Gardez in Multan.
- The Shrine of Hazrat Pir Syed Noor-Ul-Hassan Shah,Kailianwala Sharif, Gujranwala.
- The Holy Shrine of Ghouse e Yegana Hazarat Pir Syed Naseeb Ali Shah,Challay Sharief, Gujrat 
- The Holy Shrine of 'Sufi Of Gujrat city' Hazrat Pir Syed Walayat Ali Shah Jamati(r.a),Gujrat city
- The Shrine of Hazrat Khawja Pir Muhammad Karam Hussain Alqadri Mangani Sharif Jhang, Pakistan
- The mausoleum of Shams-ud-Din, commonly known as Shah Shams Tabrez is located about half a mile to the east of the Fort Site, on the high bank of the old bed of the river Ravi, at Multan.
- The Shrine of ‘Lal Shahbaz Qalandar’, Syed Muhammad Usman, at Sehwan Sharif, near Larkana.
- The Shrine of Shah Abdul Latif Bhitai, Village Bhit Shah, Hala, near Hyderabad.
- The Shrine of Abdul Wahab Faruqi (Sachal Sarmast), Darza, Khairpur.
- The Shrine of Hazrat Jalaluddin Bukhari (Makhdoom Jahanian Jahangasht), Uch Sharif, Punjab.
- The Shrine of Shah Abdul Latif Kazmi (Barri Shah Latif), Islamabad.
- The Shrine of Shah Hussain (and Madho Lal), Lahore.
- The Shrine of Lahoot Sharif (Lahoot-i-Lamakan), Lasbela, Balouchistan.
- The Shrine of Shah Syed Ali,village shah syed ali,Hyderabad Thal near Tehsil Mankera,on Bhakkar Road,Punjab.
- The Shrine of Hazrat Pir Syed Mahboob-e-Alam Shah Jewna Al-Naqvi Al-Bokhari,Shah Jewna, Jhang ,Punjab.
Note: The above list is set neither chronologically nor so-called "ranking wise in Sufism". The only intention is to mention some of great Sufi saints of Pakistan.
Mausoleums and Shrines of War Dead
The First Indo-Pakistan War in 1948, the second Indo-Pakistan War 1965, the Third Indo-Pakistan war in 1971, The first Afghan-Pakistan war over Pakhtunistan in 1955-1957, the second Afghan-Pakistan over Pakhtunistan in 1961-1963, The Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan 1979-1988, and other smaller conflicts such as Siachen and Kargil conflict, as well as the war on terrorism are enshrined at Rawalpindi in form of written records, which note name, origin and date and place of death of everyone enshrined.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article was at List of mausolea and shrines in Pakistan. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.|