Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Part of a series on
|Shi'a Twelver collections|
|Shi'a Ismaili collections|
These books seek to give a rational account of Shi'a theology in contrast with the Ash'ari, Mu'tazili and other theological schools of Islam. The contents of these books are taken from the 8th to the 13th century (2nd to 7th century of Islam).
- Fundamentals Of Islamic Thought by Morteza Motahhari, trans. R. Campbell: Berkeley, California, Mizan Press, 1982
- Nahj al-Balagha — Collected sermons of Imam 'Ali ibn Abi Talib by Sayyad Razi in Arbi.
- Urdu Translation By:- Allama Maulana Syed jafer Husain sb.
- Hindi Translation By:-Allama Dr.Syed Ali Imam Zaidi "Gauher Luckhnavi"(Great Grand son of Mir Baber Ali Anees)
- "The Four Books" (Al-Kutub Al-Arbʿah) - The collections which have gained most prominence. Comparable to Sunni Al-Sihah al-Sittah.
- Kitab al-Kafi of Kulayni (divided into Usul al-Kafi, Furu al-Kafi and Rawdat al-Kafi)
- Man la Yahdhuruhu'l Faqih of Shaikh Saduq
- Tahdhib al-Ahkam by Abu Ja'far al-Tusi
- Al-Istibsar by Abu Ja'far al-Tusi
- The Book of Sulaym ibn Qays —by Sulaym ibn Qays
- Wasael ush-Shia — 1600s by Shaikh al-Hur al-Aamili. A 20 volume collection, meant to include all 'authentic' Hadith from the available Shia hadith books, checking their authenticity on the strict principles of Ilm-ur-Rajjal.
- Bihar al-Anwar — 1600s by Allama Majlesi. An encyclopedic, 100 volume collection, meant to include all Hadith current at the time of compilation as well as his opinions regarding their authenticity
- Reality of Certainty (book)
- Mir'at-ul-Uqool (Shahr Usul al-Kafi) — by Allama Majlesi
- Jesus through Shiite Narrations — ? by Mahdi Muntazir Qaim
- Alal-Alshraiy — Shaikh Saduq
- Hulyatul Mutaqeen — Allama Majlesi
- Maeny Alakhbar — by Shaikh Saduq
- Aamali — by Shaikh Saduq
- Aamali — by Sheikh al-Mufid
- Sharhul Akhbar - by Syedna Qadi al Nu’man
- Uyun al Akhbar - by syedna Idris Imad al din
- Daym Al Islam - by syedna Qadi al Nu'man
- Kamaluddin wa tamam-un-naymah by sheikh saduq
Also another book which is considered by the Mustaali and Nizari Ismaili as the greatest authority on Ismaili law up to the present day is Daim al-Islam composed by syedenna qadi al-numan. This contains hadiths and traditions from the Ismaili Imams on all aspects of life, i.e. Faith, devotion, ritual purity, prayer, funerals, alms tax, fasting, pilgrimage, and jihad.
The second volume deals with a wide range of subjects such as food, dress, medicine, oaths, hunting, ritual slaughter, business transactions, marriage, divorce, inheritance, criminal punishments, the question of apostasy and the etiquette of judges.
Collections of Du'a (Supplications and Prayers)
- al-Sahifa al-Alawiya — prayers of 'Ali, the 1st Shi'a Imam.
- al-Sahifa al-Sajjadiyya — 678-713 by Ali Zayn al-Abidin, the 4th Imam.
- Sahifa al-Mahdi — prayers attributed last Shi'a Imam, Muhammad al-Mahdi.
- Mafatih al-Jinan — collected by Shaykh 'Abbas Qummi.
Du'a Booklets in English
In 2009, DuaBooks.com created booklets with English translations and transliteration of many du'as for English speakers. They plan on creating Spanish and French translations of the du’as as well. The booklets include a full history and benefits of the du’as.
- Holy Quran (Tabatabai) — by Allamah Tabatabai
- Holy Quran (puya) — by Mahdi Puya
- Al-Bayan Fi Tafsir al-Quran — by Al-Fazl Al-Tubrusi
- Al-Tibbyan Fi Tafsir al-Quran — by Al-Sheik Al-Tusi
- Tafsir Al-Qummi — by Mohammad bin Ali bin Ibrahim Al-Qummi
- Tafsir Holy Quran by:- Hafiz Maulalna Farman Ali
- Hindi Translation of (quran-e-Majeed)By:- Allama, Dr.Syed Ali Imam Zaidi,"Gauhar" Lucknavi.
- (Great Grand Son of Mir Baber Ali Anees)
Holy Quran (Tabatabai) - von Allamah Tabatabai
Holy Quran (Puya) - von Mahdi Puya
Al-Bayan Fi Tafsir al-Quran - von Al-Al-Fazl Tubrusi
Al-Fi Tibbyan Tafsir al-Quran - von Al-Sheik Al-Tusi
Tafsir Al-Qummi - von Mohammad bin Ali bin Ibrahim Al-Qummi
' Tafsir Heiligen von: - ' Hafiz Maulalna Farman Ali
'Hindi Übersetzung (Koran-e-Majeed) Mit: - Allama, Imam Ali Dr.Syed Zaidi," Gauhar "Lucknavi . '
''''(Urenkel von Mir Ali Baber Anees ) ''''
- (Tarikh-e-Islam-Az-Quran) " MASNAVI " By :- Allama, Dr. Syed Ali Imam Zaidi "Gauhar" Lucknavi
- (Great Grand son of Mir Baber Ali "Anees"
- Restatement of History of Islam by Sayed Ali Asgher Razwy
- Shi'a Islam (book) — by Allama Tabatabai
- Fatemeh Is Fatemeh — by Ali Shariati
- Tazkar-tul-Athar— by Sheikh al-Mufid
- Kamaaluddin wa Tamamum ul Ne'amah— by Shaikh Saduq
- Majalisul Momoneen— by Qazi Noor Ullah Shoostri
- Tareq-a-Shian-Ali— by Muhammad Hassan Rizvi
- Al Muraja'at — ? by Abd al-Husayn Sharaf al-Din al-Musawi
- Peshawar Nights — ? by Sultanu'l-Wa'izin Shirazi
- Then I was Guided — ? by Muhammad al-Tijani
- The Shi'ah are (the real) Ahl al-Sunnah (book) — ? by Muhammad al-Tijani
- Ask Those Who Know (book) — ? by Muhammad al-Tijani
- To be with the truthful (book) — ? Muhammad al-Tijani
- Saful Jali fe Munkiray Welyate Ali by Dr.Tahir-ul-Qadri
- A Bundle of Flowers — a popular English language secondary collection of Shi'a hadith as collected by Ayatullah Sayyid Kamal Faghih Imani. It narrates traditions from such Shia collections as Man La Yahduruhul Faqih and Kitab al-Kafi.
- A Shi'ah Anthology  — by William Chittick, Nasr, and Tabatabaei; A brief introduction to exemplary hadith from the 12 Imams.
- Imamate and Leadership
- Fatemeh is Fatemeh
- The Message (Subhani) by Ayatullah Ja'far Subhani
- Islamic Laws
- (Quran-e-Majeed) Hafiz Maulana farman Ali sb (Hindi translation)By: Dr.Syed Ali Imam Zaidi (Gauhar) Lucknavi
- (Thofatul awam) Hindi translation By: Dr.Syed Ali Imam Zaidi (Gauhar) Lucknavi
- (Quran and Science)Hindi translation By: Dr.Syed Ali Imam Zaidi (Gauhar) Lucknavi
- (wazaiful Abrar) Hindi translation By: Dr.Syed Ali Imam Zaidi (Gauhar) Lucknavi.
- (Tafseer-e-Karbala)Hindi translation By: Dr.Syed Ali Imam Zaidi (Gauhar) Lucknavi
- (Aliea) Hindi translation By: Dr.Syed Ali Imam Zaidi (Gauhar) Lucknavi
- (Husain ka Balidan)Hindi translation By: Dr.Syed Ali Imam Zaidi (Gauhar) Lucknavi
- (Chaudha Sitarai) Hindi translation By: Dr.Syed Ali Imam Zaidi (Gauhar) Lucknavi
- (Gauhar-e-Aza) Hindi translation By: Dr.Syed Ali Imam Zaidi (Gauhar) Lucknavi
- (Najmul Aza) Hindi translation By: Dr.Syed Ali Imam Zaidi (Gauhar) Lucknavi
- (Hayat-Bad-Az-Maut)Hindi translation By: Dr.Syed Ali Imam Zaidi (Gauhar) Lucknavi
- (shahan-e-Avadh aur shiyat) Hindi translation By: Dr.Syed Ali Imam Zaidi(Gauhar)Lucknavi
- (Guldasta-e-Salam)(Urdu) By: Dr.Syed Ali Imam Zaidi (Gauhar) Lucknavi
- (Tareekh-e-Islam-Az-Quran)"Masnavi"(Urdu) By: Dr.Syed Ali Imam Zaidi (Gauhar) Lucknavi
- (Nahjul Blagh) Hindi Translation By: Dr.Syed Ali Imam Zaidi (Gauhar) Lucknavi
- (Gusal- sai-Dafan tak)Urdu By: Dr.Syed Ali Imam Zaidi (Gauhar) Lucknavi
- Expectation of the Millennium: Shi'ism in History by Seyyed Hossein Nasr.
- Shi'ism Doctrines, Thought, and Spirituality by Seyyed Hossein Nasr.
- Introduction to Shi'i Islam by Moojan Momen, Yale University Press.
- An Introduction to Shi'i Law: A Bibliographical Study by Hossein Modarressi Tabataba'i (London 1984)
Online Shi'a references:
- DuaBooks.com Shi'a Dua Booklets
- Islamic Insights Where do you find Shia books?
- What is Khums?