Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a list of Cornish saints, including saints more loosely associated with Cornwall: many of them will have links to sites elsewhere in regions with significant ancient British history, such as Devon or Brittany.
Where to go for lots more detailFor more information see the works of Canon Doble (1880-1945) and Nicholas Orme's book, The Saints of Cornwall (2000).
List of some of the well-known Cornish saints
N.B. All these have dedications in Cornwall but not all have legends or traditions associating them with Cornwall.
Books about saints by Charles Henderson
- Nicholas Roscarrock (d. 1634) left an interesting account of the lives of the saints.
- ↑ Orme, Nicholas (2000). The Saints of Cornwall. Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-820765-4. Full text available at GoogleBooks (rather illegibly).
- ↑ French, Katherine. "Review of Orme's The Saints of Cornwall". http://www.h-net.org/reviews/showrev.php?id=4930. Retrieved 2009-09-15.
- ↑ http://genuki.cs.ncl.ac.uk/DEV/DCRS/Roscarrock.html Roscarrock at Genuki
- Orme, Nicholas (1996) English Church Dedications: With a Survey of Cornwall and Devon, University of Exeter Press ISBN 0859895165
- Ellis, P. B. (1992) The Cornish Saints. Penryn: Tor Mark Press (A brief basic guide giving accounts of 120 saints)
- Bowen, E. G. (1954) The Settlements of the Celtic Saints in Wales. Cardiff: University of Wales Press
- Baring-Gould, S.; Fisher, John (1907-13) Lives of the British Saints: the saints of Wales and Cornwall and such Irish saints as have dedications in Britain. 4 vols. London: For the Honourable Society of Cymmrodorion, by C. J. Clark
- Rees, W. J. (ed.) (1853) Lives of the Cambro British Saints: of the fifth and immediate succeeding centuries, from ancient Welsh & Latin mss. in the British Museum and elsewhere, with English translations and explanatory notes. Llandovery: W. Rees
- Wade-Evans, A. W. (ed.) (1944). Vitae Sanctorum Britanniae et Genealogiae. Cardiff: University of Wales Press Board. (Lives of saints: Bernachius, Brynach. Beuno. Cadocus, Cadog. Carantocus (I and II), Carannog. David, Dewi sant. Gundleius, Gwynllyw. Iltutus, Illtud. Kebius, Cybi. Paternus, Padarn. Tatheus. Wenefred, Gwenfrewi.--Genealogies: De situ Brecheniauc. Cognacio Brychan. Ach Knyauc sant. Generatio st. Egweni. Progenies Keredic. Bonedd y saint.)