|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (February 2009)|
This is an annotated list of men primarily known for their work as Catholic priests. Catholic priests who are mostly known for their non-priestly work should be placed on other lists. Further men known for being bishops, archbishops, and other positions above the priesthood should be placed elsewhere. This is to avoid redundancy with the List of cardinals, List of popes, etc.
- Cristóbal Diatristán de Acuña – Jesuit explorer
- Alger of Liège – History
- Abraham Armand – Missionary to Hawaii
- Alexis Bachelot – Missionary to Hawaii
- Mary Bastian – Murdered activist in Sri Lanka.
- Father David Bauer – Hockey player turned priest.
- Father Josef Bisig – Formerly of the Society of St. Pius X, currently of the recognized Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter.
- Martin Adolf Bormann – Son of Nazi Martin Bormann who works against Holocaust denial.
- Francisco Fernández Carvajal – Author and Opus Dei priest.
- Solanus Casey – Declared venerable by Pope John Paul II.
- William Joseph Chaminade – Faced persecution for being a priest during the French Revolution
- Daniel Comboni – Missionary to Africa, canonized.
- John M. Corridan – Anti-corruption activist.
- George DeCosta – Catholic priest in Hawaii known for the Big Island Liturgy and Arts Conference.
- Horacio de la Costa – Filipino Jesuit and writer.
- Les Costello – A founder of the Flying Fathers exhibition hockey team.
- Peter Coudrin – Faced persecution during French Revolution, later became a missionary to Hawaii.
- James Coyle – Catholic priest killed by the Ku Klux Klan.
- Father Damien – Canonized, worked with lepers.
- Chandra Fernando – Murdered human rights activist.
- Joseph Freinademetz – Missionary to China, canonized.
- Georg Gänswein – Secretary to Pope Benedict XVI
- Lionel Groulx – Nationalist and Anti-Semite.
- Ignatius of Loyola – Founder of the Society of Jesus
- Mancio Ito – First official Japanese emissary to Europe, after that he became a Jesuit priest.
- Saint Arnold Janssen – Missionary
- Mychal F. Judge – Chaplain, 9-11 victim.
- Georg Joseph Kamel – Jesuit botanist of whom the Camellia is named after. Compiled works on Philippine medicinal plants, which is well known in pharmacology
- Georges Lemaître – Physisct and Astronomer. Proposed what would become known as the Big Bang Theory.
- Georges-Henri Lévesque – Sociologist.
- Father Eustaquio van Lieshout – Did work in Brazil
- Michael J. McGivney – Founder of the Knights of Columbus
- Columba Murphy – Involved in gaining an Edict of Toleration for Hawaiian Catholics
- Hugh O'Flaherty – World War II hero.
- Nemesi Marqués Oste – Rector in Andorra and political figure there.
- Jean-Baptiste de la Salle – A founder of the Institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools
- Abraham a Sancta Clara – Catholic preacher in Austria.
- Francis Xavier – Jesuit missionary to Japan
Eastern Catholic Churches
- Ghevont Alishan – Priest of the Armenian Catholic Church who designed Armenia's first modern flag.
- Walter Ciszek – Byzantine Rite member of the Society of Jesus who was imprisoned at Lubyanka (KGB).
- Eddie Doherty – Ordained a priest in the Melkite Greek Catholic Church.
- Ed Evanko – Actor who became a Ukrainian Catholic priest.
- Nimattullah Kassab Al-Hardini – Catholic saint.
- Louis Massignon – Scholar of Islam who transferred to the Melkite Greek Catholic Church after converting to Catholicism and later became a priest.
- Alphonse Mingana – Chaldean Catholic Church priest and Orientalist.
- Youakim Moubarac – Maronite Church – priest and scholar.
- Joseph Raya – a Melkite Greek Catholic priest (later archbishop) active in the U.S. civil rights movement and advocate of Israeli Christian Arabs.
- Father Ernst Alt
- Father Candido Amantini
- Gabriele Amorth – Founder of the International Association of Exorcists
- Corrado Balducci
- Father Raymond J. Bishop
- William S. Bowdern – Case he did became basis for film The Exorcist
- Jeremy Davies
- Pellegrino Ernetti – Music scholar and writer
- Father Angelo Fantoni
- Father Jose Antonio Fortea
- Giancarlo Gramolazzo – Current president of the International Association of Exorcists
- Walter Halloran
- Father Peter Heier
- Father Edward Hughes
- Lawrence Kenny – Involved in case linked to the film The Exorcist.
- Father Alfred Kunz
- Father Matteo La Grua
- James J. LeBar – New York exorcist consulted with regards to films.
- Malachi Martin – Writer on unusual subjects as well as an exorcist.
- Rufus Pereira – VP of International Association of Exorcists and Indian Catholic.
- Father Theophilus Riesinger
- Father Rosario Stroscio
For more exorcists see Category:Catholic exorcists.
- John Geoghan – pedophile sex abuser
- Oliver O'Grady – pedophile sex abuser and subject of the 2006 documentary, Deliver Us From Evil
- Barry Ryan – pedophile sex abuser
- Athanase Seromba – convicted of genocide and crimes against humanity in the Rwandan genocide.
- Brendan Smyth – pedophile sex abuser
For more priests who committed crimes see Category:Roman Catholic Church sex abuse scandal.