Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Larry Hurtado is an internationally respected New Testament scholar and is professor of New Testament Language, Literature and Theology at The University of Edinburgh, Scotland. He is an expert of the Gospels (esp. Gospel of Mark), the Apostle Paul, Early Christology, the Jewish Background of the New Testament, New Testament Textual Criticism.
|This article is a stub. You can help Religion Wiki by.|
- How on Earth did Jesus Become a God? Historical Questions about Earliest Devotion to Jesus (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2005) ISBN 0802828612
- Lord Jesus Christ: Devotion to Jesus in Earliest Christianity (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2003)
- "Homage to the Historical Jesus and Early Christian Devotion", Journal for the Study of the Historical Jesus 1/2 (2003), pp. 131-46.
- At the Origins of Christian Worship: The Context and Character of Earliest Christian Devotion, the 1999 Didsbury Lectures (Carlisle: Paternoster Press, 1999; Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2000)
- "Mark" New International Biblical Commentary (Hendrickson Publishers, 1990) ISBN 0943575168
- Jesus and the Gospel—What Really Happened?
- That Curious Idea of Resurrection
- The Gospel of Judas: The text, the scholarship, and the scandal
- Ungodly Errors: Scholarly gripes about The Da Vinci Code's Jesus
- What Do We Mean by "First-Century Jewish Monotheism"? Society of Biblical Literature 1993 Seminar Papers, ed. E. H. Lovering (Scholars Press, 1993), pp. 348-68