Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
LRH wrote many books, both fiction and non-fiction.
In 2006, Guinness World Records declared Hubbard the world's most published and most translated author, having published 1,084 fiction and non-fiction works that have been translated into 71 languages.
Some books are compilations of earlier Scientology writings. This list contains his freshly-written Scientology books, including one first published in Astounding Science Fiction, listed by year of first publication:
- Initially issued as a manuscript, circulated amongst LRH's friends. First published in 1951 as Dianetics: The Original Thesis, later republished as The Dynamics of Life.
- Regarded as "Book One" by Scientologists, this hugely popular book set forth Hubbard's principles about the "Reactive Mind" and the "dynamic principle of existence".
- Group Dianetics
- The Processing of Psychotics
- Compiled from the "Institutional Dianetics" lectures. Published by the Hubbard Dianetic Research Foundation, Elizabeth, NJ, 1950.
- Parts of transcripts and notes from a series of lectures given in Los Angeles, California in November 1950
- In this book, Hubbard introduced concepts that were later to become key elements of Scientology: the thetan, the tone scale, and past lives. It contains a description of how theta interacts with the physical universe of matter, energy, space and time — MEST. The book is written around a Chart of Human Evaluation, providing a complete description of the tone scale and the components of emotion — the “triangle” of Affinity, Reality and Communication (ARC.
- Compiled from the research and lecture materials of L. Ron Hubbard by the staff of the Hubbard Dianetic Foundation of Los Angeles, California. With an introduction from L. Ron Hubbard.
- Preventive Dianetics
- Self Analysis International Library of Arts and Sciences, Wichita, Kansas, August 1951
- Contains a simplified Chart of Human Evaluation.
- Advanced Procedure and Axioms Wichita, Kansas, November 1951
- First published by the Hubbard Dianetic Foundation.
- Handbook for Preclears Wichita, Kansas, December 1951
- Republished by Scientific Press in Phoenix, Arizona, as Scientology Handbook for Preclears
- The Dianetics Axioms
- A History of Man London, July 1952
- Also known as History of Man, Scientology: A History of Man and its original title What to Audit (Phoenix, Arizona by the Scientific Press, July 1952), this book gives Hubbard's instructions to Scientology auditors on how to recognize Space opera incidents when auditing preclears on the whole track. Among these incidents are buried memories of reincarnated past lives as clams, sloths, and cavemen.
- Scientology: 88 Phoenix, Arizona, September 1952
- A unique limited edition, handwritten by L. Ron Hubbard and printed on special lithographic plates. Distributed by the Hubbard Association of Scientologists. The technology from "Scientology: 88" can be found in "Scientology 8-80".
- Scientology: 8-80 Phoenix, Arizona, November 1952
- Published by the Hubbard Association of Scientologists,
- Scientology 8-8008 Phoenix, Arizona, December 1952, ISBN 0-88404-428-9
- The Auditor's Manual
- Electropsychometric Auditing - Operator's Manual
- How to Live Though an Executive: Communications Manual Phoenix, Arizona, April 1953. Edited by Richard de Mille.
- This is Scientology: The Science of Certainty
- Introduction to Scientology
- On Auditing
- Look Don't Think
- Group Auditor's Handbook
- New editions in 1981, 1992, two-volume edition in 2000.
- Scientology: Auditor's Handbook including Intensive Procedure reworked as The Creation of Human Ability
- Dianetics 55! Phoenix, Arizona, December 1954
- This limited manuscript edition was first available at the Unification Congress.
- Scientology Workbook
- Key to Tomorrow
- Also known as Scientology: Its Contribution to Knowledge
- Published by the Hubbard Dianetics Research Foundation.
- The Creation of Human Ability London, England, April 1955
- Published by Scientology Publications.
- Straightwire: A Manual of Operations
- First complete how-to manual for Hubbard's Straightwire process. This book reprints material from lectures such as HCAP-3 ("Elementary Straightwire"), and was in turn reprinted in its entirety as part of 1976's Technical Bulletins of Dianetics and Scientology.
- Brainwashing - A Synthesis of the Russian Textbook on Psycho-politics
- Secretly authored by L. Ron Hubbard on Sligo Avenue in Silver Spring, Maryland in the summer of 1955. Printed by Manny Publishing in Fall of 1955. L. Ron Hubbard's only non copyrighted work. (Google Brainwashing, Scientology, to find out more.)
- Scientology: The Fundamentals of Thought Washington, DC, September 1956, ISBN 0-88404-503-X
- Professional Auditor's Bulletins, Vol. 1-4
- The Problems of Work Washington, DC, December 1956, ISBN 0-88404-377-0
- "The application of the Scientology principles to the workaday world."
- All About Radiation London, England, May 1957
- Control and the Mechanics of S.C.S.
- Fortress in the Sky
- Scientology Training Course Manual: Field Validation
- Axioms and Logics
- ACC Clear Procedure
- Professional Auditor's Bulletins, Vol. 5
- HCO Manual of Justice
- Ceremonies of the Founding Church of Scientology
- E-Meter Essentials
- New edition in 1988
- Man Free From Man
- The Book Of Case Remedies East Grinstead, Sussex, England, November 1964
- A Manual Covering Preclear Difficulties And Their Remedies. New edition in 1991
- What Everyone Should Know about Scientology
- Three Routes to Freedom
- A Plan for World Peace
- Just a collection of the popular magazine articles and lectures by L. Ron Hubbard.
- Scientology Abridged Dictionary
- Introducing The E-Meter East Grinstead, Sussex, England, September 1966
- New edition in 1988
- A New Understanding of Life
- What Are People For?: an Introduction to Scientology
- Information for Releases
- The Dynamics of Life
- Revised version of Dianetics: The Original Thesis.
- A Test Of Whole Track Recall East Grinstead, Sussex, England, 1968
- Limited first edition, later republished in 1972 as Mission Into Time.
- The Character of Scientology
- Successes of Scientology
- Introduction to Scientology Ethics
- New expanded editions in 1989, 1998, 2007
- The Phoenix Lectures
- Scientology Basic Staff Hat Book, Vol.'
- A Summary on Scientology for Scientists
- Triple Grades and Review Dictionary
- How to Save your Marriage
- What Every Preclear Should Know
- When in Doubt, Communicate: Quotations from L. Ron Hubbard
- Congress Drill Book
- Dianetic Case Histories
- The Background and Ceremonies of the Church of Scientology of California, Worldwide
- What is Understanding?
- Who are you?
- Scientology and Dianetics
- Scientology 0-8: The Book Of Basics Copenhagen, Denmark, 1970
- You can have a New Understanding of Life through Scientology
- Is Confusion a Friend of Yours?
- Assault on a Church
- How to Have Money
- The Basic Scientology Picture Book
- The Standard Dianetics Picture Book
- Mission Into Time Los Angeles, California, September 1972
- Republication of A Test Of Whole Track Recall.
- The TR Series
- Set of 13 volumes
- Basic Study Manual (Applied Scholastics)
- New edition in 1990
- The Management Series
- Two-volume edition of administrative writings. Expanded three-volume edition in 1991 and then again in 2001.
- Primary Rundown Glossary
- How to Write Invoices: A Flag Mini-Hat Booklet
- The Language of Salesmanship
- How to Clear your Community
- Dissemination Division Picture Book
- Perhaps Happiness...
- PABs Books, Vol. 1-6
- The Management Series, 1970-1974
- Look it Up
- Hymn Of Asia: An Eastern Poem Los Angeles, California, December 1974
- Hubbard's Buddhist-themed poetry, but listed in What is Scientology? (1978 edition) as being a Scientological text.
- Organization Executive Course: An Encyclopedia of Scientology Policy
- Set of 7 volumes, new 8-volume expanded edition in 1991
- The Information Full Hat, Scientology Intelligence Tech course
- This is, essentially, a confidential Green Volume. Along with other secret writings of L. Ron Hubbard, it comprises the senior doctrine of Scientology.
- Compiled by staff
- Executive Survival Kit
- The Technical Bulletins of Dianetics and Scientology
- 10 volumes released. New 17-volume set in 1991.
- The Volunteer Minister's Handbook Los Angeles, California, December 1976, ISBN 0-88404-039-9
- Modern Management Technology Defined
- What is Scientology?
- Second of three different books to bear this title
- A chronological series collecting Hubbard's lectures. Vol 1. A chronological transcription of all Hubbard lectures on Dianetics and Scientology. Series restarts from the beginning in 1994.
- Really a booklet, but some copies published in hardback
- Introduction and Demonstration Processes Handbook
- new edition in 1992
- Assists Processing Handbook
- new edition in 1992
- Understanding the E-Meter
- new edition in 1988
- The Original L. Ron Hubbard Executive Directives
- So-called "Blue volumes", contains Executive Directives, telexed by LRH from ship to a land base.
- The Hope of Man
- Organization Executive Course, Volume 0, Basic Staff Hat
- Adds to earlier volumes 1-7. New revised edition in 1991, then in 1999.
- Also known as Purification. Compiled from earlier bulletins.
- ↑ http://www.voxmagazine.com/stories/2006/12/07/guinness-gracious/ Guinness Gracious; Vox - Columbia Missourian; Sean Ludwig; December 7, 2006; accessed February 11, 2007
- ↑ Maul, Kimberly (November 9, 2005). "Guinness World Records: L. Ron Hubbard Is the Most Translated Author". The Book Standard. http://www.thebookstandard.com/bookstandard/news/author/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001476331. Retrieved February 12, 2007.
- ↑ Description of Scientology, Science of Survival
- Complete List Of Books And Materials
- Church of Scientology. By Jennifer Laurin
- Wikipedia: Scientology bibliography
- Nationmaster: Scientology bibliography