Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kalyug is the fourth and final era in the spiritual evolution of man. This is also referred to as the 'Iron Age' of Kalyug. The word 'Yug' stands for 'Era' or 'Time Cycle'. This Yug is the most difficult for the human race and many atrocities and unfairness will become commonplace in society.
SGGS Page 902: Read Text in Red
Guru Ji tell us that these Yugs have no bearing on the stars, moon or the sun thus:
- The same moon rises, and the same stars; the same sun shines in the sky. The earth is the same, and the same wind blows. The age in which we dwell affects living beings, but not these places. ||1||
When it becomes common for tyrants to be accepted and approved, then Kalyug is here thus:
- Those who act like tyrants are accepted and approved - recognize that this is the sign of the Dark Age of Kali Yuga. ||1||Pause||
- If someone practices Truth, he is frustrated; prosperity does not come to the home of the sincere. If someone chants the Lord’s Name, he is scorned. These are the signs of Kali Yuga. ||3||
- Whoever is in charge, is humiliated. Why should the servant be afraid, when the master is put in chains? He dies at the hands of his servant. ||4||
SGGS Page 1288: Read Text in Red
- The trouble-maker is called a leader, and the liar is seated with honor. O Nanak, the Gurmukhs know that this is justice in the Dark Age of Kali Yuga. ||1||
SGGS Page 145: Read Text in Red
- The Dark Age of Kali Yuga is the knife, and the kings are butchers; righteousness has sprouted wings and flown away. In this dark night of falsehood, the moon of Truth is not visible anywhere. I have searched in vain, and I am so confused; in this darkness, I cannot find the path. In egotism, they cry out in pain. Says Nanak, how will they be saved? ||1||