Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Copper engraving of Kalki from the late 18th century.
|Affiliation||Avatar of Vishnu|
|Weapon||Sword or Asi (By Brahma to destroy evil)|
|Part of a series on|
|Part of a series on|
In Hinduism, Kalki (Devanagari: कल्कि; also rendered by some as Kalki and Kalaki) is the tenth and final Maha Avatar (great incarnation) of Vishnu who will bring to an end the present age of darkness and destruction known as Kali Yuga. He will establish a new era based on truth, righteousness, humanism and goodness, called Satya Yuga. The name Kalki is often a metaphor for eternity or time. The origins of the name probably lie in the Sanskrit word "kalka" which refers to mud, dirt, filth, or foulness and hence denotes the "destroyer of foulness," "destroyer of confusion," "destroyer of darkness," or "annihilator of ignorance." Other similar and divergent interpretations based on varying etymological derivation from Sanskrit - including one simply meaning "White Horse" - have been made.
Vedic traditions permit numerous interpretations of what avatars are and to what purpose they act. Avatara means "descent" and indicates a descent of the divine awareness into manifestations of the mundane form. The Garuda Purana lists ten avatars, with Kalki being the tenth. The Bhagavata Purana initially lists twenty-two avatars, but mentions an additional three for a total of twenty-five avatars. He is presented as the twenty-second avatar in this list.
Popular images depict him riding a white horse with wings known as Devadatta (God-given.) In these images, Kalki is brandishing a sword in his left hand and is intent on eradicating the corrupt destitution and debauchery of Kali Yuga.
The prophecy and its origins
One of the earliest mentions of Kalki is in the Vishnu Purana, which is dated generally to be after the Gupta Empire around the 17th century B.C. In the Vedic Trimurti, Vishnu is the preserver and sustainer of life, balancing the processes of creation and destruction. Kalki is also mentioned in another of the 18 major Puranas, the Agni Purana. Agni is the god of fire in the Vedic pantheon, and symbolically represents the spiritual fire of life and the processes of transformation. It is one of the earliest works declaring Gautama Buddha to have been a manifestation of Vishnu, and seems to draw upon the Vishnu Purana in its mention of Kalki. A later work, the Kalki Purana, a minor Purana, is an extensive exposition of expectations and predictions of when, where, and why it is said he will come, and what he is expected to do. A few other minor Purana also mention him.
The Agni Purana explains that when the evil men who pose as kings begin to feed on human beings and try to destroy the righteous, Kalki, as the son of Vishnuyasha, and Yajnavalkya as his priest and teacher, will destroy these evil men with His weapons. He will establish moral law in the form of the fourfold varnas, or the suitable organization of society in four classes. After that people will return to the path of righteousness. (16.7-9) The Agni Purana also relates that Hari, after giving up the form of Kalki, will go to heaven. Then the Krita or Satya Yuga will return as before. (16.10)
The Vishnu Purana also explains that, "When the practices taught in the Vedas and institutes of law have nearly ceased, and the close of the Kali age shall be nigh, a portion of that divine being who exists of His own spiritual nature, and who is the beginning and end, and who comprehends all things, shall descend upon earth. He will be born in the family of Vishnuyasha, an eminent brahmana of Shambhala village, as Kalki, endowed with eight superhuman faculties. By His irresistible might he will destroy all the mlecchas (Barbarians) and thieves, and all whose minds are devoted to iniquity. He will reestablish righteousness upon earth, and the minds of those who live at the end of the Kali age shall be awakened, and shall be as clear as crystal. The men who are thus changed by virtue of that peculiar time shall be as the seeds of human beings, and shall give birth to a race who will follow the laws of the Krita age or Satya Yuga, the age of purity. As it is said, 'When the sun and moon, and the lunar asterism Tishya, and the planet Jupiter, are in one mansion, the Krita age shall return.'" (Book Four, Chapter 24)
The Padma Purana relates that Lord Kalki will end the age of Kali and will kill all the wicked mlecchas and, thus, destroy the bad condition of the world. He will gather all of the distinguished brahmanas and will propound the highest truth. He will know all the ways of life that have perished and will remove the prolonged hunger of the genuine brahmanas and the pious. He will be the only ruler of the world that cannot be controlled, and will be the banner of victory and adorable to the world. (6.71.279-282)
The Bhagavata Purana states, "At the end of Kali Yuga, when there exist no topics on the subject of God, even at the residences of so-called saints and respectable gentlemen , and when the power of government is transferred to the hands of ministers elected from the evil men, and when nothing is known of the techniques of sacrifice, even by word, at that time the Lord will appear as the supreme chastiser. (2.7.38) It further describes Lord Kalki's activities as follows: "Lord Kalki, the Lord of the universe, will mount His swift white horse Devadatta and, sword in hand, travel over the earth exhibiting His eight mystic opulences and eight special qualities of Godhead. Displaying His unequaled effulgence and riding with great speed, He will kill by the millions those thieves who have dared dress as kings." (12.2.19-20)
The Kalki Purana combines all of the elements from the puranas above. He is one who has power to change the course of time stream in the favour of the good. He will be one to whom the power to change the destiny of the world will be given.It states the evil family of the demon Kali will spring from the back of Brahma. They will descend to earth and cause mankind to turn towards depravity. When man stops offering yagna to the gods, Vishnu himself will descend to earth to rid the world of evil. He will be reborn as Kalki to noted Brahmin family in the city of Shambhala.
Followers of Tibetan Buddhism have preserved the Kalachakra Tantra in which "Kalkin" is a title of 25 rulers of the mystical realm of Shambhala. The aims and actions of some of these are prophesied in portions of the work.
Kalki and Shambhal
The Kalachakra tantra was first taught by the Buddha to King Suchandra, the first dharmaraja of Shambhala. "Lord Kalki will appear in the home of the most eminent brahmana of Shambhala village, the great souls Vishnuyasha and Sumati." (Srimad-Bhagavatam Bhag.12.2.18) Here "Vishnuyasha" could mean that the father of Lord Kalki would be a great devotee of lord Vishnu, "Sumati" may refer to the pure thinking of his mother and Shambhala village, may indicate a place having the existence of the great temple of Lord Shiva.
शम्भल ग्राम मुख्यस्य ब्राह्मणस्य महात्मनः।
भवने विष्णुयशसः कल्किः प्रादुर्भविष्यति।।
Srimad Bhagavata Maha Purana – 12:2:18
शम्भल ग्राम मुख्यस्य ब्राह्मणस्य महात्मनः।
शम्भु Shambhu (Shiv Shambhu Bhola) + ल or ले (of) + ग्राम Grama (Community/Village) + मुख्यस्य Mukhyasya (Principally) + ब्राह्मणस्य Brahmanasya (of the Brahmins) + महात्मनः Maha Atman (Great Souls)
Shiva Durga worshipping community principally of great souls Brahmins.
भवने विष्णुयशसः कल्किः प्रादुर्भविष्यति।।
भवने Bhavanê (At the home of) + विष्णु Vishnu + यशसः Yáśas (Worthy) + कल्क Kalk ( Mud or Sediment) + इ i (to arise from, come from) + प्रादुर् Prādúr (Arise/Born) भविष्यति Bhavishyati (In the future)
In the future at the home of Vishnu worthy, one from the mud/sediment will arise/be born.
This points to a name equivalent to mud or sediment born.
द्वादश्यां शुक्ल-पक्षस्य माधवे मासि माधवम्।
जातं ददृशतुः पुत्रं पितरौ हृष्ट-मानसौ।। (1:2:15 Kalki Purna)
द्वादश्यां शुक्ल-पक्षस्य माधवे मासि माधवम्।
द्वादश्यां - द्वा dvA (two) + दश्यां dashya (tens/10's) meaning 12 शुक्ल-पक्षस्य - शुक्ल Shukla (bright) + पक्षस्य(pakshaya) parts (the first part of the moon cycle) + माधवे madhva is Hindu month of Vaishakha April/May + मासि masi (month of) + माधवम् madhavam it is a point of reference to Lord Krishna.
द्वादश्यां - द्वा dvA (two) + दश्यां dashya (tens/10's) meaning 12 शुक्ल-पक्षस्य - शुक्ल Shukla (bright) + पक्षस्य(pakshaya) parts (the first part of the moon cycle) + माधवे madhva is hindu month of Vaishakha (First day of Chaitra is when Lord Brahma created the universe, Hindu new year starts) March/April + मासि masi (month of) + माधवम् Lord Krishna (as Kalki) arrived. As per the few scholars "Madhava" is the name given to the Lord Krishna(8th Incarnation of Lord Vishnu) and among all months "Karthik" Month is the dearest to the Lord Krishna. Karthik is also the holiest Hindu month as per the Indian literature. Hence another interpretation suggest that Lord Kalki would be born in the bright half of Karthik Month(October/November).
जातं ददृशतुः पुत्रं पितरौ हृष्ट-मानसौ।।
जातं jatam (born - brought into existence) + ददृशतुः dadastu (then) + पुत्रं putram (a son) + पितरौ pitarau (parents [were]) + हृष्ट hrshta (thrilling with rapture, rejoiced, pleased, glad, merry) + मानसौ manasau (mental feeling).
Twenty, first fortnights of the moon cycles from the birthday of Krishna (Krishna Janmashtami - Bhaadra/August) then in the month of Vaishakha (April/May) the father was mentally overwhelmed by the son being born. This points to the sun sign of Aries.
12th of the first part of the moon cycle in the month of Vaishakha(April/May,) Lord Krishna (as Kalki) arrived then the father was mentally overwhelmed by the son being born This also points to the sun sign of Aries.
In Vaishakha month, the fifteen days in Shukla paksha (first fortnight / first half of the month) are dedicated to fifteen gods or deities. Each day of Vaishakha month is dedicated to each God. People worship a God on each day, the 12th day (Vaishakha Dwadashi) is dedicated to Lord Sri Maha Vishnu in the form of Madhava.
The marriage of Kalki
मत्तो विद्यां शिवाद् अस्त्रं लब्ध्वा वेद-मयं शुकम्।
सिंहले च प्रियां पद्मां धर्मान् संस्थापयिष्यसि।। 1:3:9
ततो दिग्-विजये भूपान् धर्म-हीनान् कलि-प्रियान्।
निगृह्य बौद्धान् देवापिं मरुञ् च स्थापयिष्यसि।। 1:3:10
श्रुत्वेति वचनं कल्किः शुकेन सहितो मुदा।
जगाम त्वरितो ऽश्वेन शिव-दत्तेन तन्मनाः।। 2:1:39
समुद्र-पारम् अमलं सिंहलं जलसंकुलम्। («=सिंहलद्वीप»)
नाना-विमान-बहुलं भास्वरं मणि-काञ्चनैः।। 2:1:40
The beloved of Kalki is "पद्मां" "Padma" (beloved of the "lotus") who lives at द्वीप dweep (island) सिंहले Sinhale (not Sri Lanka because Sri Lanka was known at the time as "Lanka" in Ramayana)(सिंह shiha (Lion) + ले(of))= "the island of the lion"(1:3:9).
[In fact, Srilanka is the only island whose flag shows a lion.] The spotless/clean land of the lion one which is surrouned by a excellent/supreme ocean at the other side of this ocean. (Line 1 2:1:40).
Abundance of different kinds of chariot of the gods (Air-Crafts) brilliant wealth and prosperity.(Line 2 2:1:40)
Kalki Avatar according to Sikhism
The mention of the Kalki avatar have been made by Guru Gobind Singh (10th Sikh guru) in his writings Sri Dasam Granth (there also some who believe it is mentioned in Sarbloh Granth). The Dasam Granth is a collection of writings during the time of Guru Gobind Singh which is believed to have writings by Guru Gobind Singh however, the authorship of Dasam Granth is in question. One reason for this dispute is the fact that there is no historical evidence of Guru Gobind Singh compiling Dasam Granth and handing over to Sikhs, whereas, <! (there is no historical evidence of guru granth getting guru-ship infact, it points to the opposite; please look at namdhari re-collections/historians of the time, including mcleod) makes it hard to believe that the historians missed the compilation of Dasam Granth.
In addition the Kalki avatar is also mentioned in other writings which are considered to be the oral sayings of Guru Gobind Singh (the sau sakhis). The sau sakhis are generally not upheld authentic or unheard of in mainstream and there are some who believe in it but in due question it is generally not preached in mainstream. Kalki avatar mentioned onwards from this link
when there is incest, inbreeding of castes- so no more caste, adultery, atheism, hatred toward religion, no more dharma (righteous/religion),too much sin everywhere-
"The impossible Iron Age has come; in what way the world will be saved?` till the time they are not imbued in the love of the one Lord, up to that time there will be no safety from the impact of the Iron Age.118."...
"Wherever you see, there are only people committing wicked deeds and no one who accepts religion is seen."
" "For the protection of the helpless and suffering humanity the Lord Himself will take some measure and He will manifest Himself as the Supreme Purusha; For the protection of the lowly and for ending the burden of the earth, the Lord will incarnate Himself.139. At the end of the Iron Age and by the very beginning of Satyuga, the Lord will incarnate Himself for the protection of the lowly, And will perform wonderful sports and in this way the incarnated Purusha will come for the destruction of the enemies.140.""
"For the destruction of the sins, he will be called the Kalki incarnation and mounting on a horse and taking the sword, he will destroy all; He will be glorious like a lion coming down from the mountain; the town of Sambhal will be very fortunate because the Lord will manifest Himself there.141. Seeing his unique form, the gods and other will feel shy; he will kill and reform the enemies and start a new religion in the Iron Age; All the saints will be redeemed and no one will suffer any agony; the town of Sambhal will be very fortunate, because the Lord will manifest Himself there.142. After killing the huge demons, he will cause his trumpet of victory to be sounded and killing thousands and crores of tyrants, he will spread his fame as Kalkii incarnation;The place where he will manifest Himself, the condition of dharma will begin there and the mass of sins will flee away; the town of Sambhal will be very fortunate, because the Lord will manifest Himself there.143.The Lord will get infuriated on seeing the pitiable plight of the talented Brahmins and taking out his sword, he will cause his horse to dance in the battlefield as a persistent warrior; He will conquer the great enemies, all will eulogise him on the earth; the town of Sambhal is very fortunate, where the Lord will manifest Himself.144. Sheshnaga, Indra, Shiva, Ganesha, Chandra, all of them will eulogise Him; the ganas, the ghosts, fiends, imps and fairies, all of them will hail Him; Nara, Narada, Kinnars, Yakshas etc. will play on their lyres in order to welcome him; the town of Sambhal is very fortunate, where the Lord will manifest Himself.145. The sounds of drums will be heard; the tabors, the musical glasses, rababs and conches etc. will be played, And hearing the sounds of large and small, the enemies will become unconscious; the town of Sambhal is very fortunate, where the Lord will manifest Himself.146. He will look splendid with bow, arrows, quiver etc.; he will hold the lance and spear and his banners will wave; The Ganas, Yakshas, Nagas, Kinnars and all famous adepts will eulogise Hiim; the town of Sambhal is very fortunate, where the Lord will manifest Himself.147. He will kill in very great numbers using his sword, dagger, bow, quiver and armour; he will strike blows with his lance, mace, axe, spear, trident etc. and use his shield; In His fury, He will shower arrows in the war; the town of Sambhal is very fortunate, where the Lord will manifest Himself.148. Seeing his powerful beauty and glory, the tyrants will flee like the leaves flying before the strong gust of wind; Wherever He will go, the dharma will increase and the sin will not be seen even on seeking; the town of Sambhal is very fortunate, where the Lord will manifest Himself.149."
Sikhism's Sau Sakhi
The sau sakhi is a book which was written later on of oral sayings of guru gobind singh this extract is written in english in the year 1873. The sausakhis are accepted by some sects of sikhism however not accepted/acknowledge or known about by the mainstream of sikhs. Here is an extract about the Kalkii avatar.
The woman shall do full justice, hear, Seikh of Gooroo ! the force of Ssikhs and martyrs will remain till 1 000 years. All the Seikh women will love their servants The wives of Princes will become disobedient and unfaithful to their husbands. Fifty-nine years of the age of Ganges will remain to pass at that time. I will show displeasure till eight years, after which one of my martyr Seikhs will be born on earth and will reign over the kings up to Calcutta. The light of his glory will spread in the world and assuming the appearance of a Singh and being accompanied with his army he, the Daleep Singh will drive his elephant through the world. The Englishmen will first reign in Loodiana and will press his glory. Anxiety will prevail on the minds of all kings. All will pray for death. The beautiful women will fly to obtain wealth. The Khalsa will be much in distress at that time. The lamp (i. e. Daleep Singh) will shine in Khalsa. Daleep Singh will be the Emperor over all the kings. 1 will first explain to you the Bhimishut1 Purb as detailed by Bias Eikh. A Brahmachari2 of previous birth assumed the body of Akbar and well discharged his duties towards God, An Englishman had made himself servant of " Shahjahan," the son of Jahangeer. His power increased day by day and all the people felt it in their mind. At that time " Aurungzeb," who falsely pretended to be a retired man, began to serve Meeran Shah with a view of raising himself by that means. He left this service afterwards and killed his brother. He did not resign throne, but cutting off the head of Dara Shukoh his brother damaged the empire. Aurungzeb then began to reign and became our enemy without cause. He will use his force to wound the Khalsa in heart and killing Hindoos would like to spread the Mahammedan religion. He used to fly to Mukka on every Friday (although in that age there were no jets and no means to travel to Mecca in less than a month) and there prayed for being chosen by God. One night, a voice was heard that a powerful man will rise over all. In the morning the dream became true. He saw Mahanmiedans far reduced and Hindoos increased to millions. He then ordered that he will make all of one religion, having proclaimed his order he wanted us to show him the miracles and on that pretence began enmities with us and did not consider what was ordained by God. He will make friendship with all the Rajahs and will draw his forces against us. By Gooroo's favor we will kill all, who have embraced Mahammedanism in battle. The Mahammedans will live without glory and will earn their bread by labor and will no longer be rulers. I will leave my body at the age of 43 years. After that all the Seikhs will leave their bodies by and by and will come Kings and Chiefs in the next brith. The Seikhs will die while engaged in killing, and plundering. There shall be no end of the number of heads cut off. One Bheen Singh will conquer the city, the villages and the streets will be plundered. I will also put on a body about 40 years after the Hindoo Sal 1800. The Mahammedans of Kandhar will come and return and will desolate the country with all the villages. In the 19th year, after this, a King named " Bung Tees" will flourish in city. This King will come from the east, beating and killing as he comes. The foot-army of Jesus Christ will come. Khalsa will be divided. There will be quarrels and dissentions between men and women in all families. They will leave the arms and will become like Brahmins. Such thinogs will remain till 33 years. My Seikhs will flourish 7 years earlier. The women will die in a way opposite to the virtue. No one of the Seikh rulers will be allowed to remain. If in that time a Seikh trader will arise and will go about in astonishment in the search of religion. Dissentions will arise in Calcutta, there will be quarrels and distress in each house. Nothing will be known for 12 years. Daleep Singh, the Master, will be born. I will then assist him secretly and will fight for 21 years. The Englishmen will also come to the Seikhism and making friendship with the people will establish themselves. A Mahamtnedan named Bundan will arise, who will distress the people and destroy their castes. He will be tyrant for the world as lion for a cow. His reign will exist for 1000 years. There is no doubt in this. In the village Rilpoor there will flourish a carpenter's son, who will reign by force. In the Punjab country there had born a man of Sood caste, who had been this path of death. There will be a King of Delhie, reigning over the east, north and south of India. He shall be a man possessed of supernatural power. Something has been revealed, but much remains unrevealed. The story of the creator is very extensive.
When the Mahammedans will distress the people of Kashmeer, a son will be born in the house of Bishen Dutt Brahman. He will be an incarnation of Deity and shall be called Kulgee Awtar. He will establish good customs in the world. He will be born in the Sunbhul village. At that time 10,000 years of the Kuliyuga will pass away. He will thus be a Seikh of the Gooroo, in whom he shall believe and to whom he will make offerings of Karah Prashad. He will not eat Sheernee (special halal meat offering given). When he will become 12 years old, he will marry a woman named "Trikota." He will kill Maleches or Mahammedans and will establish a strong religion. He will live for 55 years in the world. When they would like to snatch the wife of that Brahman, then he will show power. He will be like Parasram, who lived in " Tretayuga," He will possess Brahma-glory, by the effect of which he will execute all his works. After this, the result of the devotions of Vishnu Shurnia1 will come to light. I have related the story before you in detail, my Seikh ! I will also be born in the house of a Brahman. Till that time my Sungat will be engaged in the service of Baital and assembly of Shaheeds or martyrs. They will take offerings from the brother of " Ravan " and will not take notice of Brahrnans and Seikhs. I have revealed this secret about the future, whoever will read or hear it, will come to me. Sakhee 15th finished. page 38 
Modern interpretations of the Kalki prophecy
Many modern writers have attempted to link figures in comparatively recent history to Kalkii. Given the traditional account of the Kali Yuga lasting 432,000 years  and having started in 3102 BCE, which makes these claims problematic. Some scholars such as Sri Yukteswar Giri and David Frawley have claimed that there are intermediate cycles within the 432,000 year cycle.
- Sri Veera Brahmendra Maha Swami, writing about 1,000 years ago in "Divya Maha Kala Gnana" (literally: "Divine Knowledge of the Time") claims that Kalki would arrive when the Moon, Sun, Venus and Jupiter have entered the same sign; such occurrences are not rare and the next is expected in the year 2012 or afterwards.
- South Indian Astrologers claim that at the birth of Lord Kalki, Moon would be in Dhanishtha nakshatra (Aquarius sign)["Great Speed" of action and thoughts][Birth Day could be derived], Sun would be in swati nakshatra (in Libra)["Sword" Significance][Birth Month could be derived], Jupiter would be in Purva Ashadha nakshatra (in Sagittarius)["Horse" and early victory significance][Birth Year could be derived], Ascendant Lord would again be in Purva ashadha Nakshatra (in Sagittarius)["Horse" and Early Victory significance][Birth hour could be derived], Saturn would be in Libra["Justice" and "sword" significance][Birth year could be derived] and Ketu would be in Scorpio["Horse", wisdom, knowledge and enlightenment significance][Birth year could be derived].
- Ismaili Khojas, a Shia Muslim group from Gujarat and Sindh and followers of Aga khan, believe in the 10 incarnations of Vishnu. According to their tradition, Imam Ali, the son-in-law of prophet Muhammad was Kalki.
- Members of the Bahá'í Faith have interpreted the prophecies of Kalki's arrival as being references to the arrival of Bahá'u'lláh, which has played a major role in the growth of the Bahá'í Faith in India.
- Members of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community believe their founder Mirza Ghulam Ahmad to be the Kalki Avatar.
- In their books The Avatar of What Is by Carolyn Lee PhD and Holy Madness by Georg Feuerstein, they identify claims that Adi Da was the Kalki Avatar.
- In 16th century Dasam Granth, Guru Gobind Singh wrote that Kalki is the Vivek Buddhi(Intelligent and Spiritual mind) i.e. Gurmat. When the Sins(Manmatt/Manmukhs) emerge only Gurmat acts as Kalki and vanish all Manmatt of world. Guru Gobind Singh where narrated whole Kalki Avatar of Hindu belief in Chobis Avatar, there he ended with this belief that Kalki is none other than Gurmat. Page 1468/Last Line
- Bhagavan Sri Swamini Jai Sathya originally known as Sri Suryanarayana Jayanthi Kumaraswami had declared at a public function that Kalki Avatar has already been born on Earth. Swamiji proclaimed that Kalki Avatar will appear in a lady form on a white horse holding a sword to rid all evil and teach mankind Divine Truth.
- A Singapore-based organisation had registered under the name Sri Kalki Peedum Society on 1998. Members of the Sri Kalki Peedum Society believe their Guru Sri Kalki Jothi to be the tenth incarnation of Vishnu, Kalki Avatar.
- ↑ The Kalki Purana
- ↑ "Appearance of Kalki Avatar". yoga-philosophy.com. 2003. http://www.yoga-philosophy.com/eng/kalki/kalki.htm. Retrieved 2008-06-15.
- ↑ "Kalachakra History". International Kalachakra Network. 2006-07-29. http://kalachakranet.org/kalachakra_tantra_history.html. Retrieved 2008-06-15.
- ↑ Wilson, Horace. Vishnu Purana. Ganesha Publishing. pp. 72. ISBN 1-86210-016-0.
- ↑ Brahma-Samhita (5:45)
- ↑ Parvati/kAli/Durga Lord Shiva’s wife destroyed the demons Shumbh and Nishumbh.
- ↑ Goddess Durga, also known as Parvati or Amba is the wife (consort) of Lord Shiva and exists in various divine (both friendly and fearful) forms. Two of her fierce but very powerful forms are Durga (goddess beyond reach) and Kali (goddess of destruction) who destroyed the demons shumbh and nishumbh.
- ↑ पङ्क (panka) "Mud or Sediment" and ज (ja) "born".
- ↑ Madhava is the name given to the spring or to either of spring's two months, Chaitra (BhP 10.65.16, madhu) or Vaisakha (madhava) (madhu madhavayo vasantah-madhu (chaitra) and madhava (vaishakha) are spring season (Harinamamrita-vyakarana 1.103).
- ↑ sau sakhis http://ia600307.us.archive.org/14/items/sakheebookordesc00attarich/sakheebookordesc00attarich_bw.pdf
- ↑ Bhaktivedanta VedaBase
- ↑ The Indus Script and the Rg-Veda, Page 16, By Egbert Richter-Ushanas, ISBN 81-208-1405-3
- ↑ The Holy Science, by Jnanavatar Swami Sri Yukteswar Giri, Yogoda Sat-Sanga Society of India, 1949
- ↑ Astrology of the Seers, Lotus Press, Twin Lakes, Wisconsin ISBN 0-914955-89-6
- ↑ Hindu Prophecies: Translations from the Kalki Purana
- ↑ Momen, Moojan (1990). "Hindu Prophecies". Hinduism and the Bahá'í Faith. Oxford: George Ronald. ISBN 0-85398-299-6. http://bahai-library.com/books/hinduism/ch4.htm.
- ↑ Buck, Christopher (2004). "The eschatology of Globalization: The multiple-messiahship of Bahā'u'llāh revisited". in Sharon, Moshe. Studies in Modern Religions, Religious Movements and the Bābī-Bahā'ī Faiths. Boston: Brill. pp. 143–178. ISBN 90-04-13904-4. http://bahai-library.com/pdf/2010_06/buck_eschatology_globalization.pdf.
- ↑ The Baha'i Faith in India: A Developmental Stage Approach by William Garlington, Occasional Papers in Shaykhi, Babi and Baha'i Studies, No. 2 (June, 1997)
- ↑ Juergensmeyer, Mark (2006). Oxford Handbook of Global Religions. Oxford: Oxford University Press. p. 520. ISBN 978-0-19-513798-9, ISBN (Ten digit): 0195137981. http://books.google.com/books?id=lQMurMhRtfIC&pg=PA520&lpg=PA520&dq=mirza+ghulam+ahmad+and+kalki&source=web&ots=U9KkJuucTS&sig=G7Yri05Mxusy3JGIlP-mGej9oJM&hl=en#PPA520,M1.
- ↑ Samael Aun Weor (2004) . The Aquarian Message: Gnostic Kabbalah and Tarot in the Apocalypse of St. John. Glorian Publishing. pp. 224. ISBN 0-9745916-5-3.
- ↑ Carolyn Lee (2007). The Avatar of What Is: The Divine life and Work of Adi Da. Dawn Horse Press. pp. 122. ISBN 1-55778-250-4. Georg Feuerstein (2006) . Holy Madness: The Shock Tactics and Radical Teachings of Crazy-Wise Adepts, Holy Fools, and Rascal Gurus. Paragon House. pp. 189. ISBN 978-1-57097-233-1.
- ↑ Sri Kalki Peedum Society, was official founded on 22d July 1998 when it was registered under the Registry of Societies (Singapore).
- ↑ Guru Sri Kalki Jothi, The biography of Sri Kalki states that his devotees regard him as their Kalki avatar.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Kalki|
- Kalki in Indian Mythology 1 2
- Hindu Prophecies: Translations from the Kalki Purana
- Commentaries on the Kalki Purana
|This Creative Commons Licensed page uses content from Wikipedia (view authors). The text of Wikipedia is available under the license Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported (ToU).|