Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Moses subsequently sent envoys to the King of Edom from Kadesh ( ), asking for permission to let the Israelites pass through his terrain. The Edomite king denied this request.
Kadesh-Barnea is 11 days march by way of Mt Seir from Horab.
- ↑ The name "Kodesh" means holy. The name "Barnea" may mean desert of wandering.
- Gen 14:7 And they returned and came to Enmishpat, which [is] Kadesh, and smote all the country of the Amalekites, and also the Amorites, that dweltin Hazezontamar.
- Gen 16:14 Wherefore the well was called Beerlahairoi; behold, [it is] between Kadesh and Bered.
- Gen 20:1 And Abraham journeyed from thence toward the south country, and dwelled between Kadesh and Shur, and sojourned in Gerar.
- Num 13:26 And they went and came to Moses, and to Aaron, and to all the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the wilderness of Paran , to Kadesh; and brought back word unto them, and unto all the congregation , and shewed them the fruit of the land.
- Num 20:1 Then came the children of Israel, [even] the whole congregation, into the desert of Zin in the first month and the people abode in Kadesh; and Miriam died there, and was buried there.
- Num 20:14 And Moses sent messengers from Kadesh unto the king Edom, Thus saith thy brother Israel, Thou knowest all the travail that hath befallen us
- Num 20:16 And when we cried unto the LORD, he heard our voice, and sent an angel, and hath brought us forth out of Egypt and, behold, we [are] in Kadesh, a city in the uttermost of thy border
- Num 20:22 And the children of Israel, [even] the whole congregation, journeyed from Kadesh, and came unto mount Hor.
- Num 27:14 For ye rebelled against my commandment in the desert of Zin, in the strife of the congregation, to sanctify me at the water before their eyes that [is] the water of Meribah in Kadesh in the wilderness of Zin.
- Num 33:36 And they removed from Eziongaber, and pitched in the wilderness of Zin, which [is] Kadesh.
- Num 33:37 And they removed from Kadesh, and pitched in mount Hor, in the edge of the land of Edom.
- Deu 1:46 So ye abode in Kadesh many days, according unto the days that ye abode [there].
- Deu 32:51 Because ye trespassed against me among the children of Israel at the waters of Meribah-Kadesh , in the wilderness of Zin; because ye sanctified me not in the midst of the children of Israel.
- Jdg 11:16 But when Israel came up from Egypt, and walked through the wilderness unto the Red sea , and came to Kadesh;
- Jdg 11:17 Then Israel sent messengers unto the king of Edom, saying , Let me, I pray thee, pass through thy land but the king of Edom would not hearken [thereto]. And in like manner they sent unto the king of Moab but he would not [consent]: and Israel abode in Kadesh.
- Psa 29:8 The voice of the LORD shaketh the wilderness; the LORD shaketh the wilderness of Kadesh.
- Eze 47:19 And the south side southward, from Tamar [even] to the waters of strife [in] Kadesh, the river to the great sea. And [this is] the south side southward.
- Eze 48:28 And by the border of Gad , at the south side southward , the border shall be even from Tamar [unto] the waters of strife [in] Kadesh, [and] to the river toward the great sea.
| Previous Station:|
| The Exodus|
| Next Station:|