Moses subsequently sent envoys to the King of Edom from Kadesh ( ), asking for permission to let the Israelites pass through his terrain. The Edomite king denied this request.
Kadesh-Barnea is 11 days march by way of Mt Seir from Horab.
- ↑ The name "Kodesh" means holy. The name "Barnea" may mean desert of wandering.
- Gen 14:7 And they returned and came to Enmishpat, which [is] Kadesh, and smote all the country of the Amalekites, and also the Amorites, that dweltin Hazezontamar.
- Gen 16:14 Wherefore the well was called Beerlahairoi; behold, [it is] between Kadesh and Bered.
- Gen 20:1 And Abraham journeyed from thence toward the south country, and dwelled between Kadesh and Shur, and sojourned in Gerar.
- Num 13:26 And they went and came to Moses, and to Aaron, and to all the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the wilderness of Paran , to Kadesh; and brought back word unto them, and unto all the congregation , and shewed them the fruit of the land.
- Num 20:1 Then came the children of Israel, [even] the whole congregation, into the desert of Zin in the first month and the people abode in Kadesh; and Miriam died there, and was buried there.
- Num 20:14 And Moses sent messengers from Kadesh unto the king Edom, Thus saith thy brother Israel, Thou knowest all the travail that hath befallen us
- Num 20:16 And when we cried unto the LORD, he heard our voice, and sent an angel, and hath brought us forth out of Egypt and, behold, we [are] in Kadesh, a city in the uttermost of thy border
- Num 20:22 And the children of Israel, [even] the whole congregation, journeyed from Kadesh, and came unto mount Hor.
- Num 27:14 For ye rebelled against my commandment in the desert of Zin, in the strife of the congregation, to sanctify me at the water before their eyes that [is] the water of Meribah in Kadesh in the wilderness of Zin.
- Num 33:36 And they removed from Eziongaber, and pitched in the wilderness of Zin, which [is] Kadesh.
- Num 33:37 And they removed from Kadesh, and pitched in mount Hor, in the edge of the land of Edom.
- Deu 1:46 So ye abode in Kadesh many days, according unto the days that ye abode [there].
- Deu 32:51 Because ye trespassed against me among the children of Israel at the waters of Meribah-Kadesh , in the wilderness of Zin; because ye sanctified me not in the midst of the children of Israel.
- Jdg 11:16 But when Israel came up from Egypt, and walked through the wilderness unto the Red sea , and came to Kadesh;
- Jdg 11:17 Then Israel sent messengers unto the king of Edom, saying , Let me, I pray thee, pass through thy land but the king of Edom would not hearken [thereto]. And in like manner they sent unto the king of Moab but he would not [consent]: and Israel abode in Kadesh.
- Psa 29:8 The voice of the LORD shaketh the wilderness; the LORD shaketh the wilderness of Kadesh.
- Eze 47:19 And the south side southward, from Tamar [even] to the waters of strife [in] Kadesh, the river to the great sea. And [this is] the south side southward.
- Eze 48:28 And by the border of Gad , at the south side southward , the border shall be even from Tamar [unto] the waters of strife [in] Kadesh, [and] to the river toward the great sea.
| Previous Station:|
| The Exodus|
| Next Station:|