The journal commenced publication in the spring of 1980 as a quarterly periodical. Publication was suspended in 1986-87, and thereafter continued until 2002. Publication of the journal is now again suspended. However, back issues continue to be distributed and sold by its associated organization, the Noontide Press.
- ↑ "In recent years, Holocaust denial has become a propaganda mainstay of organized racism. It is promulgated by racist groups and by organizations like the Institute for Historical Review (IHR), which publishes the scientific-looking Journal of Historical Review." Kathleen M. Blee. Inside Organized Racism: Women in the Hate Movement, University of California Press, 2003, ISBN 0520240553, p. 92.
- ↑ "The pseudo-scholarly guise of Holocaust deniers is epitomised by the Institute for Historical Review - established in the United States in the late 1970s - and its journal, the Journal of Historical Review, which have provided the core of the more contemporary Holocaust denial movement (Stern 1995)." Lydia Morris. Rights: Sociological Perspectives, Routledge (UK), 2006, ISBN 0415355222 p. 238 note 1.
- ↑ Extremism in America: Institute for Historical Review, Anti-Defamation League, 2005. Retrieved May 9, 2007.
- Index of articles and reviews, from the Journal of Historical Review.
- Library of Congress, Online Catalog, 
- File on Institute of Historical Review, from the ADL.