The second day of January.
- 533: Mercurius becomes Pope John II, the first pope to adopt a new name upon elevation to the papacy.
- 1492: Unification of Spain. Boabdil, the last Moorish King of Granada, surrenders his city to the army of Ferdinand and Isabella after a lengthy siege.
- 2006: Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort begin broadcasting The Way of the Master radio series.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same).
- Basil the Great
- Caspar del Bufalo
- Gregory of Nazianzus
- Macarius the Younger
- Seraphim of Sarov
- St. Berchtold's Day, Switzerland
- Hieromartyr Theogenes of Parium, bishop on the Hellespont (320)
- Saint Ammon of Tabennisi, monk
- Saint Sylvester of the Kiev Caves (12th century)
- Venerable Theopemtus, monk
- Saint Theodota, mother of Saints Cosmas and Damian
- Venerable Mark the deaf-mute
- Martyr Sergius of Caesarea in Cappadocia
- Martyr Theopistus
- Saint Cosmas of Constantinople, archbishop (1075)
- Martyr Zorsisus (1770)
- Righteous Juliana of Lazarevo (1604)
- Martyr George the Georgian
- Saint Sylvester, Pope of Rome (335)
- Repose of abbess Thaisia of Leushino (1915)
|This page uses content from Wikia's Christian Knowledge Base Wiki. The original article was at January 2. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with the Religion-wiki, the text of the Christian Knowledge Base Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA.|