Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
James Alison studied at Blackfriars, Oxford University, and earned his bachelors degree and doctorate in Theology from the Jesuit Theology Faculty in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. He was a member of the Dominican Order - his Master's degree is a Dominican Lectorate - from 1981 to 1995. He has lived and worked in Mexico, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile and the United States. Currently he is based in São Paulo, Brazil.
His expressed disagreement with regards to the official (Roman Catholic) Church teaching on homosexuality is itself based on the official Church teaching concerning Nature, Grace and Original Sin (see homosexuality and Roman Catholicism).
- Knowing Jesus (1994) ISBN 0-87243-202-5, ISBN 0-281-04641-7 & 0281052220
- Raising Abel, The Recovery of the Eschatological Imagination (1996) ISBN 0-8371-6434-6 (Also published under the title Living in the End Times: The Last Things Re-imagined ISBN 84-254-2097-0)
- The Joy of Being Wrong, Original Sin Through Easter Eyes (1998) ISBN 0-8245-1676-1
- Faith Beyond Resentment, Fragments Catholic and Gay (2001) ISBN 0-232-52411-4, ISBN 0-8245-1922-1
- On Being Liked (2004) ISBN 0-232-52517-X, ISBN 0-8245-2261-3
- Undergoing God: Dispatches from the Scene of a Break-In (2006) ISBN 0-232-52676-1, ISBN 0-8264-1928-3
- "God's Self-Substitution and Sacrificial Inversion", Stricken by God? Nonviolent Identification and the Victory of Christ (ed. by Brad Jersak and Michael Hardin) (2007) ISBN 978-0-9780174-7-7
- James Alison. Theology - Full-text articles and talks; book excerpts and reviews; links to other James Alison's textsTemplate:UK-theologian-stub